Arsenal vs Man Utd (PL) 3-1

FYI, Eddie should fine for this. His injury wasn’t serious.

Jesus will probably play. Was on the bench for Fulham.

Wouldn’t be so sure. Played less than 10 minutes.

Nketiah is on form too.

For me it’ll either be Nketiah or Havertz, depending on how Arteta wants to approach the game.

My preference is:
Ramsdale
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Zinchenko
Odegaard-Partey-Rice
Saka-Nketiah-Martinelli

Jesus and Havertz to come on in the second half.

2 Likes

Simply must bounce back with 3 points, I think we’ll edge but likely give up a stupid goal at some point.

Arsenal 3-2 Man United.

I think it will go something like this, we’ll make it easy in the first half and go in 2-0 up.
Second half we’ll just play it around happy with the score, then with 5 minutes left Utd manage to score 2 quick goals and we are on our knees.
But right from kick off Odegaard picks the ball up driving forward ghosting past a couple of defenders passes it left to Martinelli who plays a beautiful cross right over the Utd goalkeeper and there’s Jesus to knock it in, peeling away screaming " you fucking beauty " ( in Brasilian).
We win a dramatic game 3-2

2 Likes

Sounds like the ‘79 cup final .
When was the last time we have them a huge thumping ?

OA will be a much happier place after we do these cunts in next week

3 Likes

Damn it, Rice is not an 8!!!
He is a 6.

Either Viera or ESR as 8.

So you wold bench Rice or start him over Partey?

He can play there though, he’ll obviously be #6 mainly for us but we’ll see as an #8 in certain games.

Arteta has talked about it too.
This is a game I could see us using him there. Rice and Partey both in midfield could eat their shakey midfield alive.

This is the one question that Arteta to answer and solve, not me.

If people say Kai is bad and needs some benching, which is good.
Doesn’t mean Rice has to start there or where he should be playing.

Now we are accommodating either Rice or Partey, not Kai.

We played only 3 games in the league, and suddenly try Rice as an 8?

Does it make more sense than Viera or ESR playing there?

I don’t know there were enough samples to show Rice “can” play there.
Of course everybody “can” play there.

I mean, we used him there against City.

And Arteta has said he can play both as a #6 or an attacking #8 before.

He was also asked about it in the press conference before Fulham, whether we’ll see Partey, Odegaard and Rice in midfield again and he said “for sure, it’s going to happen”.

If Xhaka was able to play there, Rice can definitely do it too. Even much better with a bit of practise and experience.

On the same token Kai can play the 9 also, but you can see that Arteta’s plan is to use Rice as 6, Kai as 8, needed Timber/Zinny as inverted full back.

Maybe for you, but I am not sure about Arteta.
IF he really liked what he saw, he probably would buy a same kind of player in Xhaka, instead of getting a totally different player in Kai.

Xhaka was literally Bambi on ice in that #8 position, could never really sort his feet out whenever the ball came to him. Rice can play there.

I think Partey should be in the #6, Rice in the #8, Ode #10. Zinny at LWB/LM, White at RWB/RM. Bring Gabriel back in to CB ffs. Get the balance and fluidity back.

Bench Havertz and if we need him, bring him on to… I don’t know, slow the game down? :sweat_smile:

We should win but I have this horrible feeling they will get some jammy goal and draw us… fearing this one.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Rory_Talks_Ball/status/1696450973009347033?t=8O1gWnhbvxVsuESJXV4qXw&s=19

Usually one of the better refs for our games? Admittedly not saying much. Watch him fuck us with a controversial decision now.

Also, isn’t he from manc or the surrounding area?!

1 Like

Had him 6 times last season, 4 wins (Palace, Spurs, Brighton, Man U) then 2 losses (Man City & Forest)

Almost certainly another yellow for Arteta.

2 Likes

Just win. I don’t care how. Can’t stand my United mates and I don’t wanna hear how they’re the best team in the world all of a sudden.

3 Likes

We will 100p win this. The lads will be SO HUNGRY to smash Ten Hags hoofball bastards. Even when Rashford scores his disgusting counter goal to give them the lead I trust us to pummel them with attack after attack.

1 Like