Arsenal vs Man City (PL) 1-0

A lot more confident now Saka is available

how come, did some news drop recently? :astonished:

I haven’t felt as confident going into this in like a decade plus. I honestly feel like we’re on level with them. I think they fear facing us as much as we fear facing them.
Even with Saka out and a bunch of their guys returning on time to face us, I think we have enough to have a proper fight on Sunday.

really hope you are right - leaving the Emirates after the Spuds game was depressing, I am hoping for better this weekend!

It’s obviously hard to be confident with our showing this season which I think has been well below the level we were at a year ago. But I don’t think we’re in for a thumping like many think. Mistakes will be made but I do think we will be right there on them like a rash too. Partey and Rice in the midfield is a must and if Saka is out you have to go with Havertz in the 9 and Jesus wide interchanging. No idea on what Martinelli and Trossard’s situation is but that’s a tricky decision indeed.

I’ll go 2-2.

1 Like

I am not convinced we are levels below a year ago - we are definitely less gung ho than last season but I think that is largely intentional and is a result of our falling off at the end of the season.

Early days still but our dropped points have been individual (unnecessary) errors, whereas last season we were caught on the break, played through the press, outhustled, etc.

1 Like

I googled the last time we got anything against them in the league. It came up April 2017. I have absolutely no memory of this game?! :joy::joy:

dreaming of a repeat of 2015

1 Like

At the very least we will not concede a goal from Holding getting outjumped by Sterling with their first cross into the box.

2 Likes

Stones out injured.

2 Likes

all these injuries reminds me of that time manu had a hobbled together squad and we were like surely we have to beat them this time. Only to get smacked about by noob Rashford.

1 Like

Silva is back and was back in CL game as well.

We actually played that game like a typical arsenal team.
Dominated the game, conceded stupid goals and then chasing game

London, I am in you.

2 Likes

saka and partey in contention for city…knew he would be fine.

1 Like

Maybe we gonna see dat Rice, Partey, Øde midfield people are talking about.

4 Likes

Potentially with a double pivot - I had thought from start of season we may see that when we play the “stronger” sides.

Pep bigging us up before the game per usual. It’s time we prove him right. COYG!!

2 Likes

Bit risky to start Partey against City on Sunday who wasn’t even supposed to be back by now without any minutes under him in the last month, no?

Time for a statement win. 3-1 Arsenal.

1 Like