Arsenal Vs Liverpool (PL)

Their best performance this whole season was probably the game against us at Anfield. They were unplayable. Pressed mercilessly and Mane was absolutely on it.

It’s a huge game for them, not so much for us. We’re fortunate that they have a huge CL game against Madrid to worry about so we should face a slightly rotated team. We have a good chance of winning given their form this season overall. At home we should always be playing for the win and it’s a great time to play Liverpool.

1 Like

This game feels so far away

I was initially annoyed about the interlul but then remembered F1 is back this weekend baby! Football can do one (till we are back again).

2 Likes

Im not worried. Im very very worried.

1 Like

Are you still worried, you’ve left yourself an awful long time to be worried? I’d recommend starting to worry maybe five minutes before kick off.

1 Like

Man City will overtake both before too long :sunglasses:.

1 Like

I bet Villa are quite high too tbf.

They beat us in 93/94 by a scoreline of 1-2. Wright scored and missed a pen. Georgie Graham said our kits were too similar.

After that, they didn’t beat us at Highbury again, but at the Emirates they’ve beaten us 4 times? (09/10 in the game after beating ManUre at home, there was one season they beat us in the last home game of the season, opening game of 13/14 and then this season.)

Chelsea have beaten us once at Highbury and a number of times at the Emirates, too.

Does it matter though?

Teams who have been in the league the longest and/or are the best teams in the league have more chance of being a team that beats another team the most.

Shock horror.

3 Likes

Uptight about it much :eye:.

1 Like
1 Like

Mane and Salah can fuck off.

4 Likes

Yeh these blokes are back to our level now, not worried at all.

3 Likes

Nearly every quality forward player has impressive goalscoring records against us.

4 Likes

I’m trying to think of one who didn’t now lol.

Shearer? :man_shrugging:

Didn’t Shearer score a hat trick against us the very first time he played against us?

3 Likes

I’m not confident, but it’s as good a time to play Liverpool as any, 2-1

Yes, for Southampton.

Only scored at Highbury once in his distinguished career from what I remember. Even that was a dodgy penalty.

Playing for clubs not at the very top year in year out is his issue. Never stopped Vardy though.

1 Like

Shearer would have ran amok against some of the defences we’ve had the last ten years too. It’s not like with like.