Arsenal Vs Leeds United (Premier League) 4-1

I don’t blame him for the goal to be fair. He doesn’t close spaces. Big gaps between him and White for the Leeds attackers to expose. Plus, yes, that backing off and inviting opposition players into the box is jarring.

But he did ultimately do his job today, which is what we need from him as the reserve CB. Hopefully, Saliba will be back and we don’t have to rely on Holding for too many games, but our defence doesn’t stand and fall on one player, the whole team have a responsibility in the games ahead. That said, when we got going today and relaxed, we looked very dangerous on the attack.

3 Likes

Holding is deputising admirably so far but we really need Saliba back and fit for Liverpool.

Please God may he be there.

2 Likes

I think we need to prepare ourselves mentally, that Liverpool may come too soon for him…I’m not basing that on any fact but in view of Arteta’s comments and the fact he wasn’t on the bench makes me feel he is at least a week off from coming back.

1 Like

We didn’t play well first 35 mins, we looked flat and the penalty came at a great time.

2nd half much easier, still partly annoys me how rarely we keep clean sheets at the Emirates though.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Liverpool Vs Arsenal (Premier League)