Arsenal vs Fulham (PL) 2-2

5-1 pumping

I think it would be a mistake not to start Trossard. When heā€™s playing as well as he is in his cameos and pre season there should be some fluid rotation between attackers. No reason to freeze him out the 11 like we did Nketiah at the start of last season.

Weā€™ve scored 3 goals against Palace and Forest itā€™s not like our attack is firing on all cylinders and canā€™t be disturbed.

3 Likes

Yeah martinelli could drop out for a game after his average performance last night.

Trossard does need to be shown some reward for his impact as a sub so far. Eddie has to stay in after his goal previously and winning a penalty last night plus being our best threat in the end. Havertz or Gabi can take 1 game on the bench.

I hope we go back to a Saliba/Gabriel CB-pairing, which probably is dependent on Zinchenko being fully fit. Of course with White at RB.

We are missing the White/Saka link up, really hope we go back to that. This could mean that Havertz drops out, and we put Rice at 8 and Partey back at 6. Or Rice at 6 and Partey sits this one out.

3 Likes

If not for the Tomi red, I reckon Arteta would have gone for the same line-up again.

I didnā€™t expect to see Gabriel/Saliba pairing starting other than games against ā€œtop 6ā€ sides. Tomi & Timber missing changes that.

I think against Fulham it might be Partey who makes way for Zinchenko with White moving to RB but I donā€™t expect Havertz to drop out. Also think it will help Havertz & Martinelli to have Zinchenko starting. and might bring a bit more balance to the left.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1694292593188696487?t=dcGNuVjbEdH63DoU-B5lKg&s=19

Donā€™t like it

Should be banned from Arsenal games after he disallowed that Martinelli goal at Old Trafford last September.

https://twitter.com/orbinho/status/1694049988764938728?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

Expecting a more possession based and open formation akin to last season but with some selections I donā€™t necessarily agree with.

I think weā€™ll see

Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Partey, Rice, Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Havertz

However Iā€™d rather see Jorginho and Trossard in the team in place of Havertz and one of Partey or Rice to keep the squad fresh. If it was up to me Iā€™d even consider giving Saka a rest too.

We canā€™t make the same mistakes as last season of burning players out now that our squad is a bit bigger.

1 Like

Bald cunt

We donā€™t have a good record with himā€¦

How are referees selected as we seem to get the same faces over and over and hardly ever see othersā€¦

We should dominate these chumps. Even though it is early in the season, a bit of rotation could be in order to keep everybody fresh. I would like to go:

---------------------------Ramsdale
ā€“White-----Saliba-------------Gabriel--------Zinnyā€“
---------------------------Partey
---------------Odegaard-----Trossard------------------
------Saka---------------Eddie-------------Mar9

Doubt Mikel sees it the same though and he has no reason to!

and people think there is no agenda against our club. Itā€™s truly baffling stuff, the data continues to mount.

Heā€™s a shit ref and is definitely swayed by the home crowd, so itā€™s good this is @ the Emirates.

Still, Arsenal should be winning this one regardless of the ref.

Why drop Havertz and Rice?
Odegaard-Rice-Haverrz should be getting as many runs as they can together seeing that will be our main midfield trio going forward.

Thereā€™s two games before the break.
If anyone can be rotated itā€™s Partey who does have shakey injury record and Saka whoā€™s been run to the ground.

1 Like

Itā€™s not dropping, itā€™s resting them. Rice has put in some serious yards already - this would be a perfect time to give him a game out. Trossard needs to be kept sharp, why not play him at home to Fulham? We shouldnā€™t have to wait for injuries and suspensions for the second string to come in.

Jorginhoā€™s passing can help to unlock Fulham. His inclusion would be tactical. Two changes to the CM position might be overkill.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an idea: Rest Saka, start Trossard.

3 Likes

If that was what I wanted, Iā€™d have posted that line up!!!

Donā€™t really like Trossard on the right. Martinelli has been getting subbed quite a bit and this would be a good game to open his scoring account. Nketiah is in good form as well, so this is a game youā€™d want to have him starting.

Saka will need a rest at some stage no doubt. Iā€™d rather ESR or even V***** take up his role as deputy until Jesus is back.

Wouldnā€™t Saka tie the clubā€™s record for consecutive PL starts with the next game? Not sure if that matters to him or not. :man_shrugging:

Heā€™d beat it. No chance he gets rested