Arsenal vs FK Bodø / Glimt (EL) 3-0

give the second team a shot, rest the main squad for Liverpool

2 Likes

No(r)way are Bodø going to get anything here.

1 Like

You are lucky you have Ødegaard with knowledge about Glimt even if he does not play (we just call it Glimt, Bodø was added in the 1930s because another club had the same name, so that is the story of the name).

Glimt will try to keep possession and dominate the game ,building attacks from the defence, no matter the opposition. Ofcourse you are clear favorites, but if we have a good day, this can get very uncomfortable for your reserves and even some starters. Why you may ask? Glimt is probably one of the most fit teams in Europe, stamina horses that just gets better as the game goes on. Best way to beat us is to score fast before they figure out your game plan and what players that are cheating in defence.

Anyway, good luck. I’m going to watch the game in London. The away section is sold out, and thousands more are probably in the other sections or just in London without a ticket. This is an interesting test for Glimt, even if the Arsenal supporters are saying “Glimt who?” “Team or Wi-Fi password?”. We are already unlikely rivals for Mourinho and Roma, so maybe we can add Arsenal to our list of weirdest rivals in football? :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to every Arsenal game at the moment.

1 Like

Excited to see a full 90 min for Vieira at home.

4 Likes

Well done on taking points off PSV.
Makes our life a bit easier in case we fumbled against you guys.

It will be an interesting duell between PSV and Glimt for 2nd place I think. I hope you take care of them in both games. We where very close to beating them in the away game.

Watch out for winger Joel Mvuka, he is a 19-year old talent that probably is going to be very successful. Missing allot of end product still, but wow the boy can dribble and run fast, and is even decent in defence for his age.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up. Shortlisted him on soccermanager.
looks like he has become a starter now?

Worried

Nervous

Excited

2 Likes

Shitting myself, for the Liverpool game.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have to add… I’ve watched both games of the CL last QF round against Dinamo. It was quite even, and even for a decent part of the whole battle Glimt were pretty dominant/the better team.

Dinamo are doing very good in the CL at the moment, we definitely shouldn’t umderestimate these guys. A much stronger opponent than Zurich I reckon.

2 Likes

I’d play three at the back. That’s the only way we can rest all the starters for Liverpool.

Turner
Tomi Holding Tierney
Nelson Sambi Smith Marquinhos
Vieira
Nketiah

But I think Xhaka and White/Gabriel will start

Time for Mikel to unleash Marquinhos and powerblast them down the right side.

You have only 10 players in your team.

1 Like

All we need

3 Likes

Trying to find a pub in Chicago that’ll be showing this.

Wish me luck.

Well obviously you have to go to The Globe. That is the base for the Chicago Gooners.