Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow (UEL Quarter 1st Leg)

And if not for some truly shite* finishing by us we’d have notched a record European result tonight.

*In fairness it wasn’t really shite by us, more so unlucky but still, we absolutely annihilated them.

5 Likes

Oh, I’m not complaining Shammy. And yes, we could have racked up a bunch more goals ourselves. Sure, we’ll take the 4-1.

tie by no means over. You know our away form this season, right?!

Yup, I scored it about 8-3 to us, which I would’ve preferred really just for amusement value alone.

No excusing the Arsenal home attendance tonight tho, shambles. It was a cup credit as well, really surprised me as I think there’s a point where you have to draw the line with the Wenger apathy. Don’t turn up for Stoke fine, but this is different

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

Lads on BT where saying our European away form is much better than our PL away form

it is but its still dodgy AF, like this team

Anyone seriously worrying about our progress needs to chill. Well hit another 2 or 3 over there.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/mattiaskaren/status/980457075007524864

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Great to see some decent attacking football.

I though however the atmosphere was better than some nights with a full crowd on but that was probably down to the entertaining performance. Also it’s hard to judge from the TV.

Couldn’t manage to stay awake to see the game, remember dreaming so many times that I had reached over to the computer beside my bed to check the score and seen 1-2 CSKA that I was convinced when I woke up we had lost. I guess my subconscious can’t grasp the idea that my frontal lobe doesn’t want us to win the competition. Anyways making it to the final and losing to Atlético is probably the best (and most probably) outcome.

The same thing goes for our finishing, tbh. Should have been 8-3 to us.

Loachin Loeb.

1 Like