Arsenal Vs Brighton (League Cup) 1-3

I’d like to see the whole eleven rotated but I think we’ll see one of the CB and maybe someone like a Granit Xhaka starting this one.

Maybe chuck that 15 year old in there…see how he does.

No real reason for Brighton too rotate much and coming off two good results.
Don’t play till sunday and our patchwork outfit out think we lose this one.

1 Like

Yeah, but are Cristo and SRCJJ 6’?

1 Like

It’ll be the EL team. No way will Arteta write a fixture off.

Even my username wasn’t enough to get me a spot on the wing!

More favouritism than under the Southgate regime :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

#calumout

1 Like

would love for him to come back asap, both for the slim chance he can actually do something with his career and because we need to thiccen the squad desperately before things go to shits lol

1 Like

I can’t remember why but I have February in my mind as ESR’s projected return.

This was the last I heard:
“This successful surgery took place in London in the past few days and Emile’s rehabilitation programme is already underway. We are hopeful that Emile will return to full training in December”.

3 Likes

Cant believe @Calum benched 234 of us. Now we know how it is to be Tierney.

4 Likes

If he can use the World Cup break to get back to full speed and be ready to go by mid-January that would be a great boost.

4 Likes

Gabriel missing the World Cup probably means he’s gonna be the one to partner up Holding here.

I would’ve liked Artera taking this as an opportunity to go full rotation but I do expect a few of our main guys to be involved and potentially start.

Here’s what I expect:
Ramsdale
Cedric-Holding-Gabriel-Tierney
Odegaard-Elneny-Xhaka
Vieira-Nketiah-Nelson

2 Likes

There’s absolutely no way Lokonga is on the bench for this and Odegaard and Xhaka start.

1 Like

I think Arteta will take the match somewhat seriously.
I do expect at least one of Xhaka and Odegaard to start here but considering how vital the midfield battle is against Brighton, I can see both starting to give us more of a chance.

If Lokonga starts, I can see this being his last chance to prove himself.

Arsenal are playing , everyone should care.
Anyone who doesn’t should hang their heads in shame.
Wenger tried and failed to win this trophy.
The league cup is still a good trophy .
If it’s good enough for City then it’s good enough for The Arsenal.

COYG

1 Like

A trophy is a trophy but we don’t really have the depth to compete for this trophy too.

1 Like

There’s no chance Arteta thinks about it that way.

Yep. Will definitely go for the win here. Made it clear in his interview after Chelsea.

Either way just want it finished in 90 minutes. Any longer and we will be using more first teamers.
Wolves really has to be the game targeted. Pain this game.

5 Likes