Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (PL)

I honestly am beginning to wonder where our next win is going to come from. What’s worse, this might lead to the board making a panic appointment. :facepalm:

I am genuinely worried about this club now.

1 Like

20191205_234314

1 Like

This is my main fear, that the lack of good results under Freddie will force the board to rush into confirming a new manager, and it ends up being a mediocre one.

It would have been great to feel that new manager bounce which would allow the board to take their time. Conversely if Freddie did too well, the guys at the top are lazy enough to make it permanent so it’s a tricky balance :pensive:

It’s still quite early to fully judge what Freddie can instill in these players, but ultimately time is not our friend and I’m growing more worried of a rushed appointment at this rate.

1 Like

All the bad decisions during the years are the cause for the current situation…Kroenke, Wenger, Gazidis and Emery along with the actual board made mistake after mistake.

Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Ozil, Luiz and Sokratis should not be playing for this famous club.

Bring in Pochettino and 3 or 4 players in the winter transfer window,.otherewise it’s bottom half of the table.

I can’t sleep and i want to smash my head aginst the wall repeatedly…fuck you Arsenal!

Please, no more transfers. I don’t trust this board on buying anyone. Not yet.

Just get rid of the bums first. Please. Make this into some semblence of football team first. With an actual plan.

Then buy guys to fit.

2 Likes

I’m happy for us to make all the Martinelli type signings they like. But yeah, certainly nothing above 30m until we’ve got a manager with a vision in place. Think we should really try to sell Pepe to a French club in January before the bloom is well and truly off the rose.

1 Like

I sadly don’t have Sky or BT sport (pauper) so having Amazon I was like cmon Arsenal let’s have it, we fluked a draw at Norwich and playing at home we can do this.

Formation - Wrong
Auba on right - Wrong
David Luiz - Just wrong
Ozil - Wasteman Wrong
Attitude - Wrong

I have never seen such a shit show in all my life. It was classless, players were jogging, no guts, no balls and no heart.

You get what you deserve and now is the time to get someone

3 Likes

Starting to think, if the ship is broken at multiple points, no matter who the captain is, you just can’t save it from sinking. This team needs a major overhaul in the summer, whoever the manager be at that point in time.

2 Likes

So Freddie has just picked up where Emery left off. We couldn’t find ourselves in a relegation scrap could we ?

No, but it is still a tragedy so far.

1 Like

Can we play Aubameyang at CF please where he is top 10 in his position ?

And give the 72 million pound winger we signed a few starts on the wing ?

4 Likes

We’ll be fine IMO, Potter’s got Brighton playing well and looks the best managerial prospect since Julian Nagelsmann, probably better tbh (@A.F. :crazy_face:), once Ceballos is back we’ll have a bit more football in the team and can drop Özil, Freddie will eventually realise he’s gotta start GabiGod, the team’s dick size will eventually increase as they get further away from Emery’s micropenising…probably put together a second half of a 4th-6th placed team and finish 6th or 7th.

1 Like

The one thing I liked about Kola today was him pushing forward. Our team are entirely too happy to pass sideways and backwards and put minimal effort in.

The first goal isn’t to be blamed on anyone, those kinds of goals can happen. The issue for me was our midfield being invisible af. Nobody creating an outlet for passing between the lines. Passing sideways amongst the back 4 to Bellerin where he hoofs it to Auba on the wing for the first 35 minutes was appalling to watch.

Finally Brighton let off the gas and we got into the game. Pepe is definitely on the Gervinho spectrum, but we do play better with him in the team because he actually gives the defense something to think about. Unfortunately seems like a bad football IQ and slow football brain leading to no end product. Auba being wasted on the wing for Laca is a crime. Özil also on the wing is terrible, and Torreira playing in a forward role is another head scratcher.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t rule that out at this moment. We haven’t won a game in 2 months, 2 fucking months. We are a crisis club right now and I fear no manager can fix this cause the players just aren’t good enough. Emery was a problem but clearly, he wasn’t THE problem.

We already are in a relegation scrap. It’s just most fans haven’t realised it yet. We’ve just failed to win all our games against some of the worst teams in the prem. Have no illusions this team is easily able to justify a bottom 3 position.

1 Like

Because you quote yourself every time you get it right, I feel a moral responsibility to bring balance to the universe :smiley:

Although to be fair you were on a right track when Luiz scored that offside goal for 2-1 :smiley:

3 Likes

I still think the team has way to much quality to go down, think the most talented team I’ve seen go down is West Ham in the early 2000s with a young Carrick, Joe Cole and Defoe.

1 Like

That’s fair enough.
I might as well predict us not getting a win until the end of the season or not keeping a clean sheet, because I won’t be far off.

The thing I am sure of is, we won’t be getting a top level manager, who is proven in Europe.

The next match is away at West Ham and we are big favourites to win that with the bookies, I don’t know why.
Perhaps they haven’t seen us play recently.

2 Likes

Looking at our fixture list and how tricky it is, It wouldn’t be too far fetched to think we’d get our first league win at the start of February against Burnley. Couple of fixtures where we can get a win based on the 50-50 balance of those fixtures like Bournemouth and Sheffield United but other that pfft no chance based on the way we are playing at the moment.

1 Like

Thank fuck I stopped doing the Man of the Match polls, would have been absolutely depressing.

1 Like