Arsenal vs Atlètico Madrid (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

Huge boost. He does love to torture us.

They face Betis today, another tough game for them.

There should be extra motivations now, otherwise the players just wanted Wenger out.

I think that’s debateable. I can’t imagine for one second Wenger or anyone else made a thing of it. Was pure media driven.

There was nothing tangible to be had from that game. We’ve seen this team able to raise it’s game when that’s the case in cup competitions the last few years. I don’t see why it can’t happen again.

This is exactly the kind of game or more so, team, that throws a big ol’ bag of kryptonite on us. It’s so anti-Arsenal that you would be assured Simeone comes out of this whole tie looking like a machiavellian god.

I’m hoping, with all the odds aside and given our unique circumstance that we somehow pull off a masterclass here. We’ve seen what a really motivated Arsenal side can do to big teams, even in this era (Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd all come to mind) and I’d like to think we can recreate something brilliant in this tie too.

2 Likes

I can see it being another Villareal type match from 12 years ago

A tight 0-0 leg and then a 1-0 either way. Even tho Arsenal don’t really do tight

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jamesbenge/status/988107831428698112

Fuck.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC/status/988128538829246464

1 Like

Hopefully Saul and Griezmann wake up with the flu or something too.

2 Likes

Last big gif from Wenga :henry2:

2 Likes

Atletico 2-1.

No Elnenny means Wilshere will be playing ffs :arteta:

Then no Mkhi means Iwobi/Welbeck will be playing. We are so fucked

2 Likes

If we play like we did today we have no chance.

1 Like

Relax FFS! We are missing some key players, but Atletico look toothless without Costa. They have failed to score in their last 2 La liga games.

They’ve not come up against Mr :back::on::top: yet though

3 Likes

What a surprise.

Simione overrated af. Dont care

No, but they are far from invincibles. Still tough though.

ffs elec that ended me :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like