Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (PL)

Emery seems to the type to play it safe and it feels like the club rates Saka, Nelson and our youth higher than Martinelli.

I’m surprised he’s with the first team at all, he seemed like a u23s/loan to Augsburg type deal to me.

Might get some game time in the league cup come January, but I highly doubt he’ll get any significant amount of minutes this season.

He’s still very raw to be fair. He’ll defo feature against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday

We’re going to turn up a bit shit again aren’t we.

Personal morale is low atm :expressionless: would take an ugly 3-2 win and pray the returning defenders and Pepe waking up will save the season for us.

2 Likes

Time for Pepe’s first goal today. 5-2 Arsenal win.

Villa have started the season poorly and today is a perfect platform for Pepe to announce himself in the English league. 4-1 Arsenal. Pepe and Auba with a brace each.

I can’t see us not beating another bottom three club in consecutive PL games so It should be a fairly comfortable win, I’ll go 3-1 Aubameyang to get two and Xhaka.

If we do manage to lose, and have a bad performance, at least we will know for certain that Emery has lost the dressing room and it will also mean that Aston Villa, a club in the relegation places, will only be one point behind us.

Saka starts!!!

Saka starts wow

Good job we “rested” Özil on Thursday. He’ll need the energy to keep the bench warm.

6 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yay Saka :smile: happy for him

Good thing rewarding Saka after his midweek performance, Torreira though :facepalm:

1 Like

Yeah and Xhaka… sighs… thankfully, this is against AV, but we said that about Watford :facepalm:

Emery is a Grade A idiot. Fucking dick.

Why rested Ozil midweek then?

MF sabotaged 4th place last season by stupid shenanigans with Ozil and now the same. WTF is wrong with the guy.

1 Like

He didn’t play Ozil in midweek because Ozil hasn’t played in Germany since the fallout from the racism storm. So Ozil wasn’t picked in midweek for that and he isn’t picked today because Emery clearly (and rightly) doesn’t favour him.

I’m not high on Emery right now but not starting Ozil is something I’m behind

8 Likes

Yes dont start Ozil after a good performance but start Xhaka and others even if they are shit.

Good job Emery

Yeah. Hate on Emery for playing Xhaka again if anything.

1 Like

I voted we draw but for Emery to justify his job it’s win or pack your bags. Three of our top 5 opposition will have dropped points—time to capitalize!

When was this?

1 Like