Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (PL)

I agree, but I think thereā€™s room to credit the team and still be concerned about the onward trajectory of performances that absolutely are going to see us come unstuck too many times.

1 Like

Indeed, but I said for that game.

I know if it continues like that we might play EL next season as well. But hopefully with BellerĆ­n and Tierney returning the things will get better.

1 Like

We were terrible for most of the match and only woke up after things got dire. It doesnā€™t speak well to how the coach prepared the team at all. We have also regressed back to being a one man team the way we were during peak Alexis years. We have enough talent to win a game like this but should never have been in this position in the first place.

2 Likes

Villa might have lost 20 concecutive away matches in the premier league, but in this one at least they had 9 shots on target which Iā€™m sure is more than they had in any of the other 19.

1 Like

Beat Everton. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How sure are you? Did you check? Because it doesnā€™t seem an outlandish number that couldnā€™t have been bettered against some other shit house team to me.

Agree with most things you said except:

• AMN cannot play, period. I think he has had enough time to adapt to the RB role and he has been disappointing. I donā€™t care if thatā€™s not his preferred position. There have been many players who have had to adapt their game to a position that is not their preferred and have gone on to do very well. Ashley Cole is one example.
  • I think Tierney and Bellerin (and Holding) will make us better but until Emery learns how to organize a defense and midfield, we will still be vulnerable at the back.
3 Likes

First off, fantastic fight back from the 10 men and you have to applaud them for that. But god weā€™re a team without a plan and it showed for nearly 70 minutes and Villa were cutting us apart. Scary to think what a City or Liverpool or any team of quality would have done with us.

For me Xhaka needs to be dropped, Emery canā€™t afford to put up with his slow play as itā€™s clearly showed when he went off we looked a better side. Maitland Niles was a fool with his second yellow card. Our center backs are a disaster. For me Guendouzi was MOTM, a fantastic performance from the young man. He dragged this side to a win. I thought Saka played well. Auba with another important goal. Pepe has his first goal. I thought Chambers looked far more comfortable at right back and his goal was a good finish.

3 points, thatā€™s all you can ask for. But god itā€™s a tough watch at times, and unless it improves itā€™s going to be more matches like this. Emery looked defeated for most of that match.

5 Likes

Havenā€™t bothered to check, but 9 shots on target is a significant amount for a garbage team away from home.

Of course it is. No need to add stuff to try make it worse.

Itā€™s not really a positive when we keep making poor startā€™s and bad first halves over last season and this. Yet somehow we have had a number of games were a sub here or there by Emery has changed games
Not enough of a positive to negate the bigger problems but it has happened a fair bit.
Lack of a tangible game plan that is his biggest issue.

1 Like

Oh shit you called it right for once

3 Likes

:point_right: :point_left:

5 Likes

Was there really doubt we were not gonna win this? I mean, I already proved last season that statisitically, League games closest to my birthday have a very good chance of winning, and this time was no different :wenger2: :mustafi:

I wonā€™t pretend to gloss over the fact that we were absolutely woeful, making another average team look like world beaters, but to our credit, to bounce back from 10 men down to win is at least a good sign of some fighting spirit amongst our team of misfits.

Crazy that weā€™re only in September and this team is already undertaking one heck of a rollercoaster ride with the nature the way these matches are going. Next match against Man Utd is going to be interesting to say the least, given how much pressure both managers are under.

1 Like

:raul:

7 Likes

Not sure I actually implied either of those points haha.
I put that AMN couldnā€™t play in the next game against Man U as a positive

And I did say ā€œWe seriously need to improve defensively, not just at centre back but as a whole teamā€
EDIT:for the second point I guess you were referred to the fact I said they tierney/Bellerin would completely change the team, so agreed, but even without organisation we will be better with better players playingā€¦

Belated happy birthday! Mine was on the 16th, and everytime we had a game near my birthday for as long as I can remember, the result was always disappointing! (Would usually fall on a European night, or in this case, the Watford game)!!

1 Like

What a mess

Pepe Ā£72m ?