Arsenal v Watford (PL)

I’d like to see a Venn diagram of people who argued players didn’t have to participate in taking the knee and people who are outraged by James McClean not wearing a poppy on his shirt. I suspect there’d be a significant overlap.

5 Likes

I refuse to believe that we’ve turned a corner.

We’ll concede early on and then labour to a 1-1 draw. That’s the Arteta I know. And I’ll throw in Pépé being a useless twat for good measure.

3 Likes

Most just ignoring it now that he’s in League One.

1 Like

Kieran Tierney
Left ankle. Kieran sustained bruising to his ankle during the match against Crystal Palace on October 18. He is being assessed ahead of Sunday’s match.

Granit Xhaka
Right knee. Granit is making good progress in the initial stages of his recovery from a medial knee ligament injury sustained on September 26. The current aim is for Granit to be back in full training early in the New Year.

No Xhaka until 2022.

4 Likes

Really hope we don’t fuck this, an international break combined with dropped points and the Conte butthurt will be unbearable.

8 Likes

Think red cafe might have the monopoly on that.

1 Like

Good news

3 Likes

That Sambi-AMN pivot is going to be interesting during AFCON.

Pray Partey stays healthy until then at least.

5 Likes

@DavidHillier predicting a loss?

This is the sort of game we can fluff just when the vast majority of us start predicting the win

1 Like

There are fans out there right now shouting that Arteta always knew what he was doing, with a plan, etc., but give it two bad results and some of these same fans will be calling him an idiot, and much worse, again. I guess this is nothing new at Arsenal. Many seasons under Wenger we had two good results and we were world-beaters and then a bad loss quickly changed it back to Arsenal being hopeless.

Yes, you are right, not just about whether fans fret or not over Conte, but also why I’m nowhere near ready to fully backing Arteta. He still has loads to prove, not least ability to consistently churn out results and team performances. Let’s start looking consistently dominant in matches like this one, that is the least to expect.

3 Likes

Yeah mate but I desperately hope I’m wrong.

A win gives Arsenal this crazy little buzz about achieving an almost impossible “no defeat” result at that f’ckin shithole in the north west in a fortnight. Would love to go into that game with a bit of positivity

3 Likes

…COYG.

3 points today please.

1 Like

This is a huge test. Have we turned a corner or is it the same Arteta bullshit about to be served up?

Big result against Leicester but it’s meaningless if you don’t win these sort of home games against mid/lower table opposition.

Massive chance to get into 5th. Have to capitalise particularly because our next game is at Anfield where we are getting zero points.

2 Likes

Watford have been garbage in every single game they’ve played and will probably be going straight back down. So should be an easy win for the boys, sticking to the original romper stomper prediction of 6-0 to the Arsenal.

1 Like

Trying to get tickets for this one today but all I’m seeing is £80/90. Not paying that kind of money for a game against Watford

3 Likes

Watford and other shite teams love raising their game against us though.

I think a draw is the best we can hope for, I’m not convinced we’ve turned a corner.

Aubameyang is going to score a hat-trick today. I’ve decided.

3 Likes

Easy win

COYG

1 Like

Yep, feeling fully confident of a win today.

Obviously I’d love to see us play well, which we should do at home against this lot, but as long as we get all 3 points on the board before the international break, I’ll take it.

First Arsenal game I’ve watched since the Leeds game aswell so looking forward to it :grin:

1 Like