Arsenal v Southampton (EFL Cup)

Arsenal v Southampton
Wed 30th Nov 19.45 Emirates Stadium
EFL Cup

A quarter-final match against Southampton, a tricky side. They defeated us in the cup season 2014/2015, time for revenge. Lucas is back in the squad, which is absolutely great news with the tough schedule coming up. He should start the match, assuming Giroud is out and Sanchez is nowhere near the Emirates.

Predictions? Line-ups? Shoot!

• Arsenal win
  • Arsenal win after 90 minutes
  • Arsenal win after penalties
  • Southampton win
  • Southampton win after 90 penalties
  • Southampton win after penalties

0 voters

1 Like

No first teamers arsene.

Start all the backup’s and youth.

1 Like

Southampton win after 90 penalties??
:poldi::poldi:

4 Likes

I think it would end around 2 a.m. :coq:

Play the same team we have played in this competition so far. Maybe only Giroud as CF.

1 Like

Argh I messed up the poll again

2 Likes

[quote=“Bl1nk, post:5, topic:949, full:true”]
Argh I messed up the poll again
[/quote]At least the game can’t be decided by Darwin this time :wink:

1 Like

Hoping Maitland-Niles starts tomorrow and impresses enough to play in the league until Bellerin’s back, really have nothing to lose giving him a chance ahead of Jenkinson, despite his experience he’s garbage.

AMN, Bennacer, Bielik, Bola, Jeff & Macey all trained with the first team today.

1 Like

I put an Arsenal win, but I’m probably being overly optimistic.

Maitland-Niles will almost definitely start - but it might not be at right back. Seems to play all over the shop. And didn’t Wenger say his best position is probably as a central midfielder?

Alexis, Theo and Mesut have all trained today.

Welcome back to the new OA @Phoebica ! Another girl for you to talk to @GunnerGirl :wink:

1 Like

I was reluctant. I don’t like change.

1 Like

No Willock?

:neutral_face:

@AbouCuellar No, he played yesterday against Leicester.

Bennacer did too actually :confused:

Would be a little shit to lose our unbeaten streak with this game but it’s probably going to be the one to do it.

1 Like

Nah, we’ll just do what Chelsea have done and ignore it.

1 Like

This is what I’m assuming Wenger will do…

----------------------Martinez------------------
AMN------Mustafi-----Holding----Gibbs
------------Coquelin--------Ramsey--------
Oxlade---------------Iwobi--------------Jeff
-------------------------Perez9-------------------

You can play most of the first team and not risk anyone super important to the first team, bar Mustafi who seems pretty sturdy. By the way credit to Burgundy, I like the idea of AMN playing RB, even though I’m pretty sure Wenger will go with Jenkinson or Gabriel depending on who’s fit.

2 Likes

Agreed, this has a loss written all over especially to Soton our bogey team.

Yep, i do agree with that line-up. Maybe juat Gabriel for Mustafi.

1 Like

Could benefit from a 4-4-2 here.

Martinez, Maitland-Niles, Gabriel, Holding, Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Ramsey, Iwobi, Perez, Giroud.

We shouldn’t go into this match void of any quality if we have hopes of progressing. That whole midfield and front line needs all the confidence and game time it can get.

Southampton win is rather likely.

[quote=“Phoebica, post:11, topic:949, full:true”]
I was reluctant. I don’t like change.
[/quote]You’re in the same place many of us felt back in July then, but not to worry, you’ll get used to it quickly and grow to like it :slight_smile: The old Forum would’ve died anyways with all the virus attacks that were occuring across all their sites, so we had no choice but to leave it in any case.

1 Like