Arsenal transfers 23/24

To compete for the title ?

Or to be able to get 75 points or so and have a EL run ?

Top 4 challenge

To compete for a title @Stroller we need a starting CF, LW, AM, 1 x CM, RB, LB and probably 1 x CB.

Ok we need 2 strikers and probably another winger option. A CM. Couple more defensive options.

Probably 6 or 7 players to finish top 4 and compete for the EL.

1 Like

I agree. We have EL next season and we need to add numbers to our thin squad and improve it as well.

Right and left back
2 CMs
2 strikers
1 winger (Pepe replacement to put Saka and Martinelli under more pressure to perform as they are guaranteed starts no matter what)

With Saliba back from loan. If not then we need another CB.

2 Likes

We’re in a situation where top players are more likely to choose spurs over us because we’ve been out of the CL for so long?

What is more attractive to a player:
Conte, Kane and Son, with CL football?
Or a proven bottler like Arteta, with no strikers and EL football?

1 Like

Proven bottler, lol.

Anyway, it is true. We’re both interested in the same players so the maturity of their squad could be detrimental. I think we’re out of reach with Youri, he’ll most likely listen to other offers now.

Gundogan is leaving City in the summer.
Instead of giving Elneny an extension, sign him up.

2 Likes

With our luck he starts having injury issues again.

If we’re signing him to be that backup option and he’s open to it then we should be good.
Tons of experience this guy.

There’s always the fear of ending up like Willian but there’s always risks with any move.

1 Like

Oh for sure, although Willian’s arrival wasn’t down to sporting reasons.

Signing any of these free transfer guys worries me a bit because of the idea they get huge wages. I wonder if teams will start paying signing bonuses and lower wages across the deals to shield them from the situation we had with Willian where we had to pay a guy to leave because he was on way more money than he should have been.

Since when are Telegraph Tier 1?

Will be very interesting to see if Arsenal goes over £150m in incoming signings this summer.

It’s not all doom and gloom, there is a decent basis here but we need genuine quality pieces.

Jesus is a good start

7 Likes

I maintain CL is not that much of a deal breaker for us.
Said it before, it all comes down to making up for it in other ways. Either by making the right promises(in regards to game time, etc.) and offering the right money.

Tielemans wanted to join us over Madrid. Something tells me it’s deeper than CL and success.
At the end of the day, you pay up you get your man.

Newcastle had no business getting Bruno but they did.

Our wage bill has slimmed down a ton the past year or so. Club was prepared to spend 60-70m on Vlahovic in January.
Clearly the money is there.

as they look to build on the progress made this season.:red_circle::moneybag:#AFC

Build on what?
Going from eighth place to fifth behind spurs?

Imagine any other top club coming out with this transparent nonsense.
What sort of message does this send out to supporters:

“Oh look everyone, we’ve given Arteta 200m and three seasons to get top four but he’s failed again.
So rather than getting a proper manager,’ like we should have done in the first place, we’ll give him another new contract and even more money for players.”
Brilliant.

Let’s just throw our toys out of the pram and start over, right?
Yes, it is progress and the team itself is a work in progress.

If we recruit well in the summer and the young core of players we’ve assembled keeps on improving then we should do even better next season.

We’re not City or Chelsea(under Roman). We don’t have the capability of switching managers like shirts and then get them a bunch of ready made players they’ll want.

Gundogan would waltz into our starting line up.

1 Like

He starts over Xhaka, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Citation needed.

1 Like

You basically are starting over though. You have a small squad and players leaving. You need somewhere between 7,8,9 new faces and you have to hope they all blend in straight away.
Thats a more than a work in progress, its a fresh start.

4 Likes