Arsenal transfers 23/24

Depends on willing buyers. If there are willing buyers for 20m I think we will. Otherwise not.

No one has called me adorable before :smiley:

1 Like

Yup…much too important to sell

;),

Selling Xhaka dosnt make any sense unless he is pushing to leave.

Plays his position well, if we sign another midfield he is good squad depth for either Partey or LCM. Clearly a massive part of the dressing room.

I think the concern is where we get money from to buy a midfielder to play instead of Xhaka. Who are we selling that’s gonna given us a nice chunk of change as a down payment on the new guy?

Holding?
Mari?
Elneny?
Leno?
Pepe and Xhaka are probably the two guys we’d want to sell and get okay money in return.

Of course we can always sell Saliba for 30m and use that cash instead. :laca2:

It was a week or two ago, but a few users on here were doing some off the top of our head maths (think it was me and @SRCJJ) and we should be getting around £30-£35m for Leno, Torreira and Guendouzi in the summer and that’s a significant chunk to supplement whatever war chest we have for a midfielder.

We should easily be able to find £20m to support that £30m and land a midfielder worth £50m.

3 Likes

As well as would be a decent sum for a significant difference.

I’m sure the club plans on spending money regardless of sales. One thing for certain under Arteta is he’s getting backed.

3 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong. I would love to get rid of a player I dislike as a “personality” and playing ability.

@Cristo I forgot about those loan deals going permanent. Good call!

1 Like

If we sell Xhaka we need to buy two CMs. I think there’s about a 5% chance we could buy a replacement as good as xhaka for the price we’d end up selling him for so I don’t even think it makes sense from a money perspective.

1 Like

I’m triggered just reading that.

2 Likes

I was sure he was leaving for free but it turns out he might not be.

Don Raul with the 5 year contract masterclass :giroud2:

2 Likes
1 Like

That money is going to stretch.

I wonder how many U23’s will be drafted into the first team next season to make up some numbers?

that rb/lb? that is on loan, patino and flores might make a cup game or 2 i reckon but i dont think we would see them a lot like when saka started off.

A couple for sure. It’s part of the model to use homegrown talent. Pretty sure Arteta knows that not sure if he has accepted that in his mind.

Did we drop our interest? :sweat_smile:
Tbf, those 3 being interested makes me think we should stay away. :rofl:

I reckon if Barca or Real Madrid don’t get Haaland or Mbappe he’ll go to one of those two. Always seems a natural transition from South America to Portugal to Spain.