Arsenal transfers 23/24

Raphina for around 50m, that would be great business.
If he can put in those sort of performances for a poor side like Leeds, imagine what he’d so playing alongside our attacking players.

The weakness with Rashford to Arsenal is that he is at his best as a left inside forward. We got Martinelli and ESR there, and I honestly don’t think he is any better than those two in that role. He is not really a lone striker unless you are sitting back and playing a counter attacking game.

You could see him doing well in a striker pairing, but I don’t see us playing with two strikers anytime soon.

1 Like

Raphinia?! Please don’t give me hope

1 Like

Interesting, doesn’t he plays mostly on the right?

Yeah, for what is worth we were also interested in Kulusevski too before Spurs desperately pulled the trigger on him.
What I’m getting is:
A) Pepe is most likely going in the summer
B) Arteta and co. want competition in all positions

C) we’re selling Saka to City

1 Like

Martinelli is a good player and might get better, but 5 league goals. Is a average return for a wide forward. And his end product needs improvement. Would love Smith Rowe a run of five games as a starter…but fitness issues and injuries have been a problem , for him…looks the most natural goal scorer in our squad out of him Saka and Gabi. Back to Rashford. The only positive thing I can say about him at the moment. Is at least it not Anthony Martial we are interested in. But we need two forwards at least. One that can play the wing and up top as well and another Center forward. especially with Champions league football…looking likely.
For next season.

1 Like

Who hasn’t enquired about Raphina at this point? This is as good as sealed for Barca, especially with the Deco link.

1 Like

Aye, we need two forwards, but I do not think Rashford will be one of them. Most likely we’ll look for a typical lone striker/target man that can lead the line, and someone that can play as a false nine.

Nunez and Felix would do the trick, but Felix would probably be much too expensive for us.

1 Like

d) shut your whore mouth

13 Likes

I’m not convinced that Pepe will move in the summer. I think he still has a lot that he can offer Arsenal and is a good player. If we do get back into Europe, especially if we get top 4, we will have to significantly increase the size of the squad. Arteta and Edu have alluded to this already. The first priority will be to strengthen in the positions we need players, so striker (possibly x2), central midfield, and left wing. Then we need to upgrade in a number of positions i.e. replace Xhaka and Cedric. We also need to shift some players out (those not out of contract in the summer), so in my view Pepe is a long way down that wishlist. In my view, Arteta and Edu have sought to buy players in the positions we need, so can’t see that approach changing unless a club was to come knocking first with a good offer. In any case, going to be one of the most important transfer windows this club has had for over a decade.

two years to go on his deal. Have to shift if the coach doesn’t (irrationally) rate him

Flog him to Newcastle whilst his (reduced) value at it’s peak.

I think we need five attacking players (for three positions) that the manager truly trusts to play important minutes if necessary. Rightly or wrongly, I just don’t think Arteta trusts Pepe so for me he really should go. This summer we’ll have only Saka, Martinelli, and Smith Rowe. I think we’ll add one CF and likely also one versatile forward to make five players Arteta likes. Pepe will likely be 6th on the forward depth chart (or maybe even fighting Balogun for that position) if he stays. Its really best for him go elsewhere.

Gnabry would be the dream to fit this. Think there is a wage that both Arsenal and Gnabry can agree on also, around 200kpw.

A lot of this all is contingent on CL qualification, so let’s hope we take care of that.

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s adorable that people still think we’re going to sell Xhaka.

1 Like

Did this attention seeking prick not get enough cuddles when he was a kid or something.

@NeedCoffee isn’t that bad tbh…

3 Likes

LOVE ME!!!

3 Likes

important to understand whether they play#UCL or not, before they prepare the market.

Or the club could just prepare for both scenarios. Smartarse.

2 Likes