Arsenal transfers 24/25

Nah, it’s always like that with windows. International breaks often coincide with the final days of a window and usually it’s good because teams don’t have to worry about upcoming fixtures.

1 Like

Theres no international break until March for the European nations

1 Like

My b. CONCACAF have qualifiers next week.

1 Like

I’m not sure we’re going to get what we need, which is a top quality striker and Xhaka replacement because the board aren’t going to spend 100m in this window.
But realistically, even if we did, would it make much difference?

We can’t beat the bottom PL club at home and got knocked out of the FA Cup by a Championship team.
Is it because we haven’t got a top striker or CM, or is it something more fundamental, like the manager?

2 Likes

Dunno why they wasted weeks on Dusan

When they could have spent that time trying to negotiate Isak fee down from release clause, before paying the clause anyways.

2 Likes

I’m thoroughly unconvinced a major signing in January will happen. I think they’ve explored it and found it to be too expensive.

I think a midfielder might come in on loan but at this stage I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see anything else

1 Like

The only upside and it’s clutching at straws really is none of the teams around us have done anything either
Our need for a striker though will come at a big cost for top 4 though in reality.

2 Likes

I really don’t think that is the case, I think the money is there. Arsenal aren’t an enticing prospect for any top European player anymore, we haven’t got a manager that a top player wants to play for nor do any European players give a shit about our "project ".
If and when we make the champions league things may change but until then we need a proper scouting network.

3 Likes

If we can replace the Xhaccident waiting to happen for someone who can stay on the pitch for more than five minutes and get a competent player like Wijnaldum on loan, at least it means we might actually get some points rather than keep throwing them away.

Like you say, a striker in this window is going to be way too expensive and the options are limited unless we pay over the going rate.

Aston Villa are linked with Suarez. Would you take him on loan until the end of the season?

I’d take anyone

1 Like

Even at 34 he’s got to be better than Lacazette.

Edit: just seen he turned 35 today

Maybe we can buy him for £1

2 Likes

Was just about to post this.

Also we’re linked with Adeyemi today.

And according to some reports, personal terms agreed with Arthur…

I watched him play once and he’s very good physically. Good passer too.

Level he played at wasn’t high but I remember reading about him a few weeks ago and how he’s considered a big midfield prospect.

The article I read tagged his physicality, passing range and being very light on his feet as strengths. And that’s exactly what I took from watching him once.

I have no real strong opinion on the player because I watched him once but based on reports he’s apparently very very promising.

4 Likes

Lokonga type of promising?

1 Like

We need to avoid dealing with Juve, they are completely fucked with their wage bill,they promised Dybala a pay rise now they want to go back on it.
If we get Arthur it’s so we leave off Vlahovic, even then if they buy him there transfer budget for the next two windows has been spent.
You just know they are gonna fuck Fiorentina up.

2 Likes

Striker situation looks desperate right now.

The problem is that we’re not only short of real quality in the starting position - Laca just isn’t it for a team with real aspirations - but we also lack any kind of option off the bench. Eddie just doesn’t offer anything valuable when we bring him on. He’s a poacher, which Laca isn’t, but he still needs space and we tend to bring him on in situations where the other side is just packing the box and defending for the last 15-20 minutes of a match. He’ll get a toke poke to a ball rolled across the six yard box when the defense is in disarray. He isn’t remotely the guy who is going to win headers against Tarkowski and Mee when a team like Burnley has just decided to see the game out. We’d be better off with Andy Carroll as our backup striker. Or we should do what Pep’s Barcelona used to do with Pique and put Gabriel at striker in the last 10-15 minutes of those kinds of matches. Seriously.

3 Likes