Arsenal transfers 23/24

I personally wouldn’t be adverse to DCL, but not as our main striker option…I would see him as a backup No.9 option and a replacement for Laca. Agree with you about Atletico thought…they are just copying us!

1 Like

For me currently:
If we’re getting a forward from the PL i would go with Toney.
If we’re getting a forward from abroad I would go with David.

Feel you get the most bang for buck with those guys.

One thing I was going to say over the last week is we should remember that the Ben White and Aaron Ramsdale transfers took ages last summer, and Edu/Arteta also took a calculated risk that paid off in waiting for Odegaard and passing up / stalling on other AM options. With that being the most recent transfer window, that pretty much came off, I think we should be pretty relaxed about ongoing transfer sagas in this window, or at least have a degree of trust and faith for now. In general to be fair I think most Arsenal fans carry this sentiment for now.

Not a fan of Toney…hasn’t made an impact in the PL this season. 7 goals in 24 PL appearances isn’t great given he is the main man for Brentford.

DCL 21 goals in 39 appearances for 2020-21 and 3 goals in 4 appearances for 2021-22. By far the better option.

3 Likes

How much impact could he have made with Brentford though? First half of the season everyone was talking about how he terrorises defences, and he honestly did. But there’s so much you can do when you’re Brentford’s striker but you’re meant to be the creative outlet of the team.

It’s a similar argument to White and Ramsdale. You can’t do much playing for what seems to be a relegation candidate as things stand.

Disagree. White was good for Brighton and stood out during his loan move to Leeds. Ramsdale was the same at Sheffield Utd. I’m not sure you can say the same about Toney. I would have had you down as an advocate of Watkins rather than Toney…

1 Like

Not sure that’s true. White was the guy was supposedly the third best CB Brighton had who apparently wasn’t good at defending and Ramsdale was called the Relegator because he kept getting relegated.

You’re right on the second point though. :rofl:
I WAS a Watkins guy and if you asked me in August who was my pick it would be him over every English forward but Toney’s performances this season won me over. Toney is just different class to the rest for me now. Any doubt that I had from last season in the Championship is gone. The guy isn’t just a poacher like I used to think. There’s way more to his game.

We did pay over £50m for White though, there must have been a reason, right? I hadn’t watched him so I had no idea but now he looks like he’s worth it so not mad.

1 Like

Well yeah, White was a great signing. I never personally considered him Brighton’s third best CB(lol). He was always the one that stood out to me from Brighton. I said at the time the lad would end up at City if he stayed there so I gave props to the club for getting him before he blew up. That’s a Pep CB if I saw one.

1 Like

We did, but interesting that no one is talking about us overpaying for White now on the strength of his performances…pleased we done what was necessary to secure a top class CB in the summer.

tbf every fucking CB on the planet seems to end up at City at some point, so low odds on that

:ramsdale:

I wonder how much money they spent on CBs in recent times. I cba looking it up but it would probably buy you a slice of Dubai.

3 Likes

Should spend that money on a proper sewage system in the Burj Khalifa.

Stupid fucks

Yeah but what if we signed nobody until August?

Somebody over nobody who could be anybody.

1 Like

It’s season over if we don’t get someone. Seriously.

2 Likes

WHERE ARE THOSE SIGNINGS???

Another match a poor January window has cost us.

1 Like

Two midfielder and a striker desperately needed

1 Like

Key week this. Things should be pick up now for everyone.

Really? Aren’t players going to their national teams soon? We’ll get a lot of excuses like “well it’s hard to do a transfer when the player is on international duty.”

1 Like