Arsenal transfers 24/25

Still only 23 so would fit our mould and the profile of the players we are adding to our squad. Could be a good option to replace Laca. We have a good relationship with Madrid. 25m would also be a decent price. We could have a punt at that value knowing we could sell on if it didn’t work out.

Didn’t he have some behavioral issues? Breaking COVID protocols or something?

Can fuck off with this loan game.

Loans with options are ok but dry loans are pointless unless its an emergency

4 Likes

I think I’d take a chance on this guy he was unreal in EL before Real snapped him up, a change of scenery could bring his game back. Right age and profile and for that fee I think he’s worth the risk.

1 Like

Not sure. He’s had 1 great season in 9 seasons in his career.

He’s gonna be 24 by the time the next window opens.

You would have thought Eintracht would go back in for him after selling Andre Silva. Very likely that even they weren’t impressed with his 6 month loan. That’s a red flag right there.

The only spot he can fill in now is as a backup striker. That’s not gonna help anyone though.
His career needs a reset and the worst thing he can do is go sit on the bench for another big club and somehow be expected to make an impact when called upon in the PL of all places.

I would rather we focus elsewhere when it comes to strikers.

1 Like

Lol, yeh exactly he’s 23

1 Like

I definitely don’t think we need to do anything in January, with Auba, Laca, Eddie, and Balogun all at the club (plus Martinelli if he is a striking option).

I’m happy to just keep evaluating the market and then buying next summer. Young strikers can blow hot and cold and you want to have as much time for evaluation as possible before committing to one.

Jovic in place of any of these 3 would be an absolute coup in my book, and I actually think he could really push Auba and Laca.

It also looks like we are favouring the 442 and playing our best football under it, that football won’t look the same should Auba or Laca fall injured and we put someone like Eddie or Balogun into the lineup.

If it’s true we can do this for about 25 million with January to summer being a loan then I’d absolutely pull the trigger, it could be the difference between competing for top 4 or not.

Not to mention Jovic at his best was an exciting young talent, he’s got a great range of goals in his locker and there was a reason Real were interested in the first place. Not to mention at 23 he suits the age of our young and developing squad.

I see this deal as perfect for both parties tbh and I’m convinved he’d get game time here.

3 Likes

Eddie >
:hipster:

Another bust in the waiting.

Has a shitty attitude too, you talk about Bundesliga merchants and here you are advocating we sign another one lol

25 million euro as an option to buy isn’t really comparable to Sancho for 100 mil Eur outright.

I doubt Eintracht would even sign him for that fee. :grimacing:

Are we sure that he is better than Eddie though, cause I highly doubt it

Where going to need 2 new strikers next season. Very good ones at that.
Should be sounding them out now. Punts are Toney types and if you could get him now go for it.
It’s a major issue next season though.

there are youth players better than eddie, he should have been sold in all reality he is never making it here.

2 Likes

Wait, what…he’s been playing senior football since he was 14/15? :grin:

1 Like

Lolz

Where’s all this Nket love coming from guys

2 Likes

I know you big on goalscorers so are you concerned with his lack of goals so far?
I like him and Watkins a lot. I know they offer a lot outside of goals but at the end of the day goals win you matches and they have to score more goals to warrant the hype and potential price tag their clubs will put on them.

Serbians putting them kids to work from young age. He actually has a goal to his name in his first pro season. :rofl: