Arsenal transfers 24/25

That Toney performance is what I like to see from CF

2 Likes

What do you like about Abraham? I donā€™t get this lil love in heā€™s been getting on here at all.

3 Likes

Itā€™s only on here. I watched quite a bit of Lampard Chelsea because of the pandemic found them interesting as they couldnā€™t defend and attacked hard, filled with youth and academy players. And Tammy just doesnā€™t have the brain for it, awful movement and grasping of a situation. Never on the same wave length.

1 Like

I like his strength and physicality plus I think he really has an eye for goal and an awareness in the box.

I know people tend to consider that a negative connotation if you say a young black striker is athletic and strong but I genuinely think itā€™s very true with Abraham. He has the strength and movement in the box to make up for his short comings and in a world where Lukaku goes 120 million I think Abraham will do very well for Roma.

I wouldnā€™t have wanted him to be our main man and at 40m his price is way too much, but I like the kid and I think heā€™ll do well.

3 Likes

From what Iā€™ve seen from him he doesnā€™t put himself about enough for his stature.

In the championship he had a good record but in the PL it was average very much like Giroud in that respect, however, he lacks link up play, isnā€™t particularly good in the air and he canā€™t hold it up well either. Tuchel had him dead last for these reasons.

Missed a huge amount of chances when he played regularly, perhaps he will do well in Italy but as far as the PL goes he screamed average striker.

Honestly man I think that you might be overestimating what a lot of us on here think of Abraham, like I say I really rate the kid and what he might be but most of that came from that Lampā€™s Chelsea run where they were probably doing a lot better than they deserved too.

I disagree about his strength I find him a lot better than Giroud in that regard - but that was actually one of my pet peeves about Giroud- yet I do agree with everything else. Heā€™s just an old school fox in the box that needs to work on his overall game.

I think most fans of him on here arenā€™t overrating Abraham but are simply fond of what his profile and potential might be if he keeps getting better.

Id love him at the club over the likes of Nketiah and Balogun and Lacazette too if Iā€™m being honest.

1 Like

I had a bit of a disagreement with someone in here over the weekend regarding Artetaā€™s control over transfers. I said the Kroenkeā€™s like to give the impression of Arteta having autonomy over a warchest, but it is a lie, aided by yes man Arteta. Grumbles leaked out to the press about Arteta unhappy we couldnā€™t get Tammy Abraham confirms my impression of the way things are. It is Artetaā€™s fault for being so weak and self-serving in the first place.

This has implications for Conte and the Kroenkeā€™s. Not sure the Kroenkeā€™s will want someone to challenge them like Conte, and not sure Conte will get the assurances he needs before signing on either.

Fair enough man, it is good to see young English players take the leap to ply their trade abroad regardless. May be the making of him, shame he has to go and play for Jose though lol.

We offered the Auba-Coutinho swap.

Sorry but really think this is BS. We have had so many opportunities to sign Coutinhoā€¦why would we offer to swap our best striker for him now?

2 Likes

How concerned are you now with the window and the Xhaka extension now?
Still hopeful or are you a bit concerned now out of interest.

2 Likes

Me?

Yeah mate.

Should be very concerned the man u back just got an ass beating from a shit team thatā€™s never even sniffed the prem and is freshly promoted. Like an embarrassing beat down too :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Sure everything you donā€™t like is bs. Just accept that we are being ran by imbeciles.

The kind of imbeciles that offer Mustafi an extension, that extend Xhaka and that now are trying to move our only true goalscorer for fucking Coutinho.

4 Likes

Swap Auba for Coutinho and extend Laca.

Itā€™s genius.

2 Likes

Honestly, I am concerned. I want Arsenal to win and it is obvious we need to strengthen the squad. I like the moves we have made so far but we need more and we need to shift players. The market has been flat and Edu has his work cut out over the next couple of weeks.

Saying all that though I do think they will make more signings and sell some of the players we need to shift. I was right last season about Partey, one of the few on here, and I remain positive about this window. As Iā€™ve said all along, I will judge honestly at the end of the window. I have stuck my neck out on more than one occasion on here, so I am worried that my positivity will not come true, but I do have some faith still and Iā€™m not ready to right Edu and Arteta off yet!

1 Like

Fair play for that then.

Tbf, I think thereā€™s a good reason not to believe the Coutinho links. Theyā€™ve been forced on us for many windows now, same with other PL clubs. Kia being linked with the club also makes it easier for these reports.

If we donā€™t sign Aouar and Odegaard + a very good right-back and a backup GK - we are in some serious serious shit.

2 Likes