Arsenal transfers 24/25

If City don’t want you anymore then it’s likely you’ll be doing some degree of stepping down. Especially when all the decent teams in Europe are broke.

3 Likes

Excluding set pieces, I don’t think Maddison would be any different though.

City’s plethora of attacking options leading to 100+ goals are part of the reason his goals/assists aren’t so good, he’s only ever played CM or right wing, whereas his skillset suits CAM (or CM with less end product).

And Pep’s rotation won’t help either

5 Likes

Why would Bernado Silva waste his career with us?

Because Pep wants a new shiny toy in Kane and Grealish.
In the PL only Liverpool and Arsenal may look for a player of his profile. From the rest of the Europe only PSG can afford him.

Because Arteta’s cone placement is world class. He saw it first hand, why wouldn’t he want more?

5 Likes

If we can get him cheaper than Maddison and probably push the deal through quicker considering City want to raise funds for their transfers, it’s a not brainer. Dood is only a couple years older than Maddison and already well established as a better player, plus hasn’t had the fitness issues. No need to overpay for an overrated English midfielder when we can get Bernardo plus fund their move for Kane and stick it to the scum in the process. Think our club are too dumb to do this tho.

Making smart moves isn’t the way the club works. We usually ignore the smart move in order to trick the fan base into thinking we are such a big club, which usually ends up being an empty gesture. Can kinda see this with Aouar now, we wanted him when he was the CL golden boy for 40m, and now that we can get him for half the price and the fans aren’t excited about it anymore the club aren’t interested :joy::joy: perfect example honestly about the way this club are run and their priorities.

2 Likes

This, and especially since he’s rotated a lot as it is. It might me a big plus to him to get regular guaranteed gametime

1 Like
1 Like

Bernardo any day of the week.

He’s only 26, and is better than Maddison.

Despite City not wanting him, he’d still cost £60-70m.

Also - we pay £60m, and it basically helps weaken Tottenham.

WC 2022 coming up as well. Portugal is stacked with forwards as it is. Bernardo will need regular game time to keep his place.

Bernardo by a long shot.

1 Like

His versatility can be key as well.

4-2-3-1

4-3-3

He can play as an inverted winger too which is also handy.

2 Likes

If it were a question of who I would take, it would be Bernardo Silva every single day. He is more technical than Maddison is and as close to a Santi type player we could hope for.

If it’s a question of who are we more likely to get, it would be Maddison. I can see Silva going to Athleti or another club where he has a better chance of winning trophies.

Don’t see him choosing us. We are not even in Europe FFS.

They’re both top PL players but it’s a step down for Bernado who is used to playing with elite players under the best manager in Europe.

He scored two goals and had seven assists in the PL last season, which is fewer than KDB, Sterling, Gundagon, Mahrez, Foden and Torres, playing for the most attacking team in Europe.

At Leicester Maddison is playing for a much smaller team and is a key player in their success and in the games he missed through injury, it’s no coincidence their form dropped.

They would both be a massive upgrade on what we have so I don’t mind either but Maddison might be more motivated playing for a bigger club.

Just saying - no way that he comes UNLESS Arteta has a good relationship with him. Even then, why would he come here?

He’s probably seen how much we pay Ozil and Aubameyang.

Yeah, but still feels silly. He’d be able to play for Barca…

Barca can’t afford him.

Anyway would love it but still want Aouar tbh, if we got Bernardo I think that would be dead in the water.

I think, if he leaves Man City, it’s a top European club like Barcelona he’ll be going to and, unfortunately, we don’t fall into that category. :grinning:

“like Barcelona” of course because Barcelona will be under a transfer embargo once FIFA and UEFA realise how much of a mess the club is in. They couldn’t even afford to buy a copy of Football Manager and get him that way.

Fire sale season. All French clubs due to TV money drying-up, Barcelona and some others yet to come to light. It changes the dynamic of the entire window. Many surprises to come I’m sure.

3 Likes