Arsenal transfers 23/24

By that definition though Kante and Mahrez were projects for Leicester. It didn’t work out too badly for them

And there’s plenty of others that don’t. Not against signing him, just not convinced it’s a good enough fix for the huge flaw in our midfield.
Also as an aside 0 goals in 33 games last season.
Cost us badly all these shot shy midfielders over the last few seasons.

1 Like

As long as he’s an opportunity and not a solution then we’re good.

5 Likes

According to The Bell James Maddison is a target for Arsenal.

1 Like

Arteta definitely needs to be investigated if he managed to convince the Kroenkes to invest. :rofl:

They’re going so hard with this propaganda. The whole “it was a tournament summer” excuse isn’t going to fly.

3 Likes

It also sounds a lot less exciting when you realize a lot of our players heading out like Xhaka, Bellerin and David Luiz practically have no competition. So of course their replacements will walk straight into our first 11 uncontested.

Still a good opportunity to improve on them though if we don’t fuck it.

2 Likes

I’m sure @DeanJonesSoccer has the inside sources at arsenal :joy:

4 Likes

Tbf, Arsenal management have been actively hyping up their summer. Bell, Fabrizio and Ornstein have all been reporting it.

We’ll see, but I will hold them accountable if the don’t deliver. No excuses.

1 Like

^ kinda sums up how I feel about our targets, just seems kinda uninspired

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the spirit.

Wait, nevermind.

5 Likes

Think I’ll give Bill Clinton a call here.

lol so other people can see it too

We’ve actually been okay for the past couple of years - particularly for young talent.

I have WAY more confidence in our ability to scout under 25’s than I do for over.

As long as we’re signing younger players who are 22-24, I’m actually okay with it.

2 Likes

Neves, White and Maddison sounds like our version of Spurs blowing their Bale money.

You’re generally better of spending big on a guaranteed talent. Grealish, Saul etc

The scatter gun approach works for clubs like Chelsea because they shop in the premium market. Werner, Havertz, Ziyech and Chilwell was a mad summer.

But we can’t afford to spend like they do. Our Aldi / Iceland version will result in millions wasted and mediocrity secured for another 2-3 years.

5 Likes

I used to work with Dean’s wife. She is from California and she is hot :fire: Think maybe he changed his handle to soccer to win over the US market

I’m getting too jaded. I frankly don’t believe any of the summer hype. Right on cue each summer and usually pretty underwhelming.

Would like to be wrong here.

2 Likes

This all sounds like the “Warchest” crap we used to get with Wenger every year, one year it was £50m next it was £75m then £150m one year it was even £200m :joy::rofl: then we would end up signing sum scrub.

3 Likes

I agree.
As soon as I heard Josh Kroenke, Arteta and Edu talking about this being “a big window” I knew straight away it wouldn’t, because it never is.

For it to be a big window we would have to shift too many low performing, high earners and buy several top quality players for positions where the lack of quality is glaringly obvious.

Despite numerous promises our transfer windows are mediocre at best and, if anything, this window will consist of totally underwhelming dross.

There will be no big clear out so we’ll see the same under performers trotting out for us at the start of next season, with a smattering of mediocre new signings that are no better than what we already have.

This will be followed by a barrage of the well worn excuses that we’ve all heard before.

This will happen because it always does and anyone falling for the club’s transparent lies clearly hasn’t been paying enough attention to their previous broken promises.

As we’ve already seen since the window opened, there’s no plan, no strategy, just our usual pathetic attempts at looking pro active, while failing miserably to look like a club that knows what it’s doing.

3 Likes