Arsenal transfers 23/24

I have no idea who this guy is but I like the idea of this transfer much more than a Ruben Neves.

6 Likes

At this point I hope they go for someone more experienced at AM to compete with ESR.

Guys like Sabitzer and Fekir for 20-25m wouldn’t be bad additions.

1 Like

There were supposed to be talks between Odegaard and Madrid regarding his future last week. I suppose those didn’t go so well for us, thus people at the club thinking this deal is now unlikely.

Will ÂŁ17.1m do? :hipster: :vinai: :kroenke:

7 Likes

It will be if they pay cash. :grinning:

I think Henry has recommended Arsenal to make this signing
 #titiknows

2 Likes

Is Ceballos expected to be a Real Madrid player next season ?

Who would you for at #10 then? Aouar? I don’t have faith we’ll get anyone better than Ødegaard/Buendia tbh

3 Likes

Versus returning to Arsenal, yes I’d say so.

That’s not what I was asking, but thanks for adding that in.

OK, to answer your specific question, I don’t know.

Happier?

If you want to disagree with me just do so explicitly, no need to ask pointed questions and then get sassy about the quality of my reply lol

1 Like

I was merely making a point that a contracted player is not always likely to be at that club next season, Ceballos for eg is contracted but I think it would be increasingly more likely he won’t be at Real Madrid in 21/22.

Odegaard it seems to be the other way, but hopefully it’s just Real Madrid trying to play hard ball knowing he’s one of our main targets.

1 Like

Yes, a fair counterpoint, I see what you mean.

Ceballos is different to Odegaard in this case, its been fairly clear he’s got no future at Madrid for a long while, and he certainly isn’t coming back here, so I would not expect him to be at Madrid next season despite currently being under contract. If the tweet was about him, I likely wouldn’t have interpreted those words in the same way.

With Odegaard however, I don’t think it is the case that the door is entirely closed with regards to him staying at Madrid, so in this instance, I would say that by default “he is set to stay at Madrid” until we hear otherwise.

I think it’s pretty vague wording by Ornstein, hence me not reading much into it right now and thinking it is a bit of a non update, quite possibly Madrid playing some games like you say.

1 Like

IIRC, @SRJCC is a fan of Aouar so I guess that’d be his preference.

I’m not fussed if Cellabos stays but he is a very good squad option, if not a regular starter but Odegaard was a first team player and one of the better attacking midfielders.

If they both stay at Real Madrid it means that we’re already two good players down before we’ve bought anyone.

Considering we finished mid table with Odegaard and Cellabos, if we don’t replace them adequately as well as strengthening other positions significantly, we are going to be in an even worse position after this window.

So the club needs to spend at least 100m on three or four top quality signings just to keep up with our rivals and I just don’t see that happening.

1 Like

Gedion Zelalem?

Sucks that Anderlecht haven’t been in Europe recently. I know they’ve been rocking a very young squad so that probably has something to do with it.

Any Belgian league followers here?

1 Like

I think you are right. The majority of reports around Odegaard was that he was really happy at Arsenal and loved the club and Arteta. Arteta and the club loved Odegaard and wanted him to stay. Odegaard has come out and said he doesn’t want to go on loan again and wants his future sorted, either as a player at Real Madrid or a permanent move elsewhere.

I think this saga has a while to run. What goes in our favour is that we are clearly looking for a No.10. We have a good relationship with the player. He would be given good opportunities to play at Arsenal and play alongside other good young players. I think the fact that Real appointed Ancelotti goes in our favour too
given his previous comments about Odegaard and that he hasn’t got the best reputation at developing younger players. After they lost the title last season to AtlĂ©tico Madrid, Real are going to need some statement signings and will need funds to invest in a high profile signing. They have a lot of players that they are potentially looking to shift as well. Ceballos has obviously been mentioned, but there is also Bale, Hazard potentially and Varane to name a few. We could easily pay Real ÂŁ40m+ for Odegaard and both parties would be happy with the end result.

I am worried though about the uncertainty around this, which is why I was so dissapointed we didn’t get Buendia. The club obviously have gone all in for Odegaard as their first preference. I will reserve judgement until the end of the window, but I am still optimistic. Still very early days yet and there will not be that much movement over the next few weeks while the Euros are taking place.

As YT comps go, that’s a pretty banging one. Great passing range and vision. Some of those weighted through balls were sensational.

1 Like

You sure get a lot of time on the ball in Belgium going by that.
He can’t be the answer for this season. We can’t afford projects were we are in the League.

1 Like

Partey and another new signing as starters and Lokanga, Elneny, and Azeez as depth could be a pretty nice group.

2 Likes