Arsenal transfers 24/25

They won’t and they don’t.
I think we might hear the “we tried” excuse after the window.
Even if we do go for top quality players there’s no way we’re going to beat off other interested clubs that are interested in the same player.

It will work in Arteta’s favour because when we get off to a poor start he will at least have the excuse that he didn’t get the three or four top quality players he needed to get us back into the CL places.

You’re assuming that the board actually care about the supporters.
They clearly don’t because, if they did, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Let’s assume we finally have some silly money to spend…

For arguments sake, let’s say £150m.

Who on earth could we get?

We are 3 season too late, and our reputation is the lowest its ever been.

There’s no one (really worth a large transfer fee) that we can grab.

The only one I can think of of relevancy is Jack Grealish…and that’s a stretch.

Or we just go back to the ways of old, and money ball the shit out of it with our genius French manager in… oh wait.

1 Like
1 Like

I saw that as well. Shitty source of course but I would for us to go for him .

1 Like

Things are not all doom and gloom. We’re still a top PL club, not even CL as a competition can compete with what we’ve got here. ESL was proof of that.
Pay the players enough money and say the right things to them and most of them will come.

1 Like

Such complete bollocks and even if he does somehow come Arteta will send him to the u-23s because he didn’t pass it to the LB that one time with 12 degrees of backspin.

5 Likes

Not fussed about the transfers in the slightest.

We will either buy the wrong or overrated players or waste good players if we get them…
I want to see some changes in higher positions first, starting from Arteta.

5 Likes

This is an awful rumour, complete fabrication to appease the Twitter and FIFA nerds- he did have a pretty spicy FUT stars card this year mind you. 18 year old wonder kid that will probably take our entire budget isn’t even worth talking about.

And it’s probably not a great move for him either, imagine the pressure to perform. If this team didn’t have zero leaders I’d maybe understand how we could take this kid into the fold but nah, recipe for disaster.

6 Likes

He’ll end up at Chelsea and we’ll tie Jorginho down for a five year deal. Don’t worry.

1 Like

What I’d like to see us do this summer:

CM, AM, RB, LB is a must I think Bissouma, Odegaard and Buendia would be good pick ups. I’d like to revisit the Aouar situation if possible too

GK and CF, depending on the Leno and Laca situations this summer

1 Like

What do you mean depending? Would you sign Laca to an extension?

No, I’d sell or let his deal run down if there aren’t any decent offers. I think Arteta will see it differently and probs give him an extension

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. When all signs point to sell Arteta will extend.

I assume he’ll do the same with Luiz and still ask for a new CB to avoid using Saliba.

2 Likes

#everythingmustgo

Solid £35 million there in total

9 Likes

I’d add another 4 or 5 names to that list. But it’s a start I guess. Other than Bellerin, the others won’t make us much money, but every little helps.

2 Likes

Odd that we’re writing Leno off so easily. I think he’s been largely a great acquisition.

2 Likes

Most of these players could be playing a lot better for us under a competent manager.

There is no way players like Leno, Guendouzi, Bellerin, AMN, and even others like Willian, aren’t good enough for us, either in the first team or the squad.

I’m sure a top manager would use them and motivate them a lot better than Arteta has.

2 Likes

Leno(£20-25m) should get us the most out of those names.
Next is between Ainsley and Bellerin(£15-20m), then Matteo at ~£15m, and finally Torreira and Kolasinac £5-10m.

I don’t think we are. The talk seems to be more that he wants to go. Which is a shame, but he’s not irreplaceable.

1 Like