Arsenal transfers 23/24

Nah, let’s focus on getting a balanced team with players that are bothered and a manager that can actually manage first.

Welbeck was a useless shitter. Elneney sighed in the knowledge he was a backup. Coq, yes after he came back from Charlton and was actually really quite good then Weng tried to turn him into an AM and he was shite.

And like I did actually say, if we don’t change the coach it won’t solve shit.

2 Likes

I lowkey liked Welbeck, less said about the goals though…but I liked him.

4 Likes

Me too. Managers love him for a reason.

Tired: Letting an old ass Luiz go for free.

Wired: Four year contract and promotion to assistant manager

Tired: Finding a young midfielder to add creativity

Wired: Signing Coutinho on loan

Tired: Signing left back cover

Wired: Re-sign Eddie and convert him to a left back

2 Likes

Eddie will give away so many penalties at left back. He came on yesterday and couldn’t stop fouling people. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah but think of how cool it will look when Arteta draws it up and sends the schematic to Pep in the hopes of getting a pat on the head. That’s what really matters.

3 Likes

For the asking price it’s a no brainer. I wonder if Brighton are playing tough with Ryan. Probably asking for something similar for us to get him on a permanent.

Charles mentioned that we got in touch with Onana in January as well. He says the club will probably consider making a move for him if his ban gets reduced to 8 months which would allow him to have a preseason.

He also mentioned that we’re still interested in Raya but Brentford are asking for £15-20m, and I wonder if that changes if they miss out on promotion again.

We basically need owners at this point that don’t care about no european football and are willing to give us 200 million quid to splash this summer to start helping us get out of this mess.

2 Likes

What we really need is some sort of highly marketable competition that was partially founded by our owners from which we would have autonomous tenure within said competition.

If such a thing were to exist.

4 Likes

Would you sign any players from the relegated sides?
Berge?
Pereira?
Ramsdale? Areola?
Andersen?
Aina? Furlong? Baldock?
Stevens?
Mitrovic?

Berge, Pereira and Andersen. Although, they’re not my ideal targets

1 Like

Also if we are looking for a central midfielder then we should not be looking at any player other than Gravenberch

Apparently Andersen has fantastic according to my mate who’s a diehard Fulham fan and they’re looking to pay whatever Lyon want if Fulham stay up

I’m actually getting pretty excited for the summer now. If the reports are true and we can invest heavily on 3 major signings, we might come back with a pretty stellar squad next season, plus no shit europa league midweek. We should be able to make a really strong push as long as #1 dirt pounder EU doesn’t sabotage us so severely and he learns from some of his mistakes.

Think we need a RB so Hakimi we can probably snag him for what 40m?

An attacking mid to pair with Partey and the returning Guendo if we are smart that will be a pretty sick midfield ngl. Buendia would be perfect because as we said he can play there and on the wing or as a cm. 35 or 40m. And then snag Grealish for 80m expensive option if the Kroenkes are really gonna invest just go Grealish for 80m or whatever.

That’s a 155m outlay which shouldn’t be that bad if we can sell Willock and AMN for maybe 15 a piece? Think we are I business.

3 Likes

KSE really need to go for the jugular and allow us a net spend of 100 mill this summer, if they don’t want to sell and make people think they care then this is the summer to show it.

2 Likes

But we’ve heard all this shit before.

Gazidis saying we could do things that would excite the fanbase. Raul saying we had a special knock. The club saying we were going to operate smarter in the market.

None of that was backed up with action. Absolutely none of it. We’ll probably see one big signing this summer and then a lot of leaked stories about how we had trouble moving guys out.

3 Likes

Plus and you need to factor this in it has to be significant funds because the 4 are going to be reinvesting.
The reality is that it’s going too be bloody tough getting amongst city,united,Chelsea and Liverpool as it is.
Finding the right players and a formula and pattern is the key.

2 Likes

£40m on Eric garcia and a nice fat contract for Jorginho (who immediately starts playing like shit, while Chelsea replace him with Camavinga) will temper any excitement as soon as it occurs

3 Likes

Kinda hoping that the ESL thing has put them in a position of needing to ‘repair relations’ between them and supporters and what better way by signing some shiny players.

Again, I think we need to utilise our commodities that we have and sell better than what we actually buy this summer. I just want the right profiles of whatever players Mikel thinks he needs for next season.