Arsenal transfers 23/24

Ah this is the payoff from hiring Pep’s buddy. There’s always a better ball playing CB that you can sign who will solve all your problems :wenger2:

2 Likes

Yes but most of them are shit

4 Likes

This Arteta, admitting you fucked up with Saliba is too much of a blow to the ego.

What a clown of a coach.

9 Likes

See?!

What is the point for asking for more investment when the complete dickheads in charge will waste it on dumb shit.

Do we really think what this club needs is more Kia clients and stockpile of nonsense?

What we need is Arteta and Edu fired to the moon. And if the Kroenkes aren’t down with that, that’s why they should be getting criticised! Not for not investing!

5 Likes

To be fair. I don’t think Gabriel nor Partey was bullshit business. If they continue on that path with an occasional miss, which is inevitable, I don’t really mind their moves as far as the market goes.

Before people say what is so hard in paying a release clause (Partey). One of the things that we criticised this club for was not to just go out and get who they want. By making such a move they did that.

I’m not sure how far their influence reached on the 2019 market, but that Sanllehi has been let go for that business does say enough in my mind.

4 Likes

Josh Kroenke saying there’s going to be money for transfers is so dumb. There’s still absolutely no plan to execute properly.

Signing Varane? That’s a win-now move for a team that needs a rebuild. Plus you’re bringing in a guy to a brand new league.

If Josh does make money available I suspect we’ll be very underwhelmed. More Chelsea rejects (Jorginho for sure), marginalizing Saliba for no reason, maybe another run at signing Oscar. Oh sure we’ll also sign a young prospect from Brazil or Argentina but who cares? There’s really no plan here.

3 Likes

I mean the reality is it really shouldn’t be that hard to improve upon players like Xhaka, Holding, Bellerin, Elneny, Ceballos.

I’m in the camp that thinks our recruitment last couple of seasons hasn’t been too bad,- Tierney, Partey and Pepe are all good additions.

This summer we need to finish the clear out and recruit accordingly, I don’t think that changes no matter who the owner/manager is.

3 Likes

I think you can be for or against Arteta but you have to acknowledge how big this shower of shit we accumulated before he came here has held us back.

3 Likes

I’m with you. However:

The shit holds you back more when you smear it all over your body, instead of flushing it, no?

I’d agree @Castiel , our recruitment hasn’t been too bad at all. The way some of these new guys have been used leaves a lot to he desired though, imo.

3 Likes

Yeah. I think the extent of our recruitment issues is overstated. We’ve bought well all in all it’s just certain players that clearly need improving on such as the ones you listed.

2 Likes

Plus the other load of shit that was shipped out in January. The squad frailties come from business done before Mikel, and even before Emery in some regard. Wenger’s last few years of recruitment policy were absolutely diabolical and have set us back about five years.

Yes Arteta is choosing to use some of these players but in his defense it’s not like he can come in and axe like 80 percent of a dead squad in his first year. Big summer now though if he’s still in the job. No excuses to keep any one who isn’t performing, that is nearly everyone lol.

2 Likes

There were issues with the squad preceding Arteta, but he was also perfectly fine with bringing old, mediocre at best players in Cedric, Mari and Willian.

Which reminds me, fuck Edu.

1 Like

Cedric’s been solid enough depth, maybe Mari too. Not super ambitious moves but ok for 3rd choice cover. Willian’s bit him on the ass though no doubt.

2 Likes

He’s been relegated behind Xhaka and Chambers as FB cover.

Does very little on the ball for a supposed ball playing CB and somehow he finds himself constantly out of position even when he’s slow as fuck. And I fear that Arteta might see him as a first option.

Fuck Edu.

4 Likes

Spoken with the quiet wisdom of a man who’s tried both and seen the results. Respect.

14 Likes

4 year contract too :joy::joy:

Bothers me big time, this was the type of Premium talent signing we were begging for

Damn Shame

7 Likes

As long as we get our money back im not bothered.
When he does something of note, I’ll give it some thought.
Still maintain this deal wasn’t straight from the start.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see Saliba pulling up trees for PSG in three years and Arsenal smoothbrains on Twitter saying we should buy him to replace an 85y old David Luiz.

6 Likes

Arsenal truly do the worse business, very few of our investments are worth more today compared to what we paid initially paid, I can’t see anybody paying close to the £27m we paid for him. Sad part is that alot of it is down to poor coaching and man management

8 Likes