Arsenal transfers 23/24

Sounds like the logic inbreds would use :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, we had plenty of chances. Alexis, Ramsey, Xhaka, even AMN. Weā€™ve dropped the ball at every opportunity.

2 Likes

Could definitely have had Ā£60m from City for Alexis a few months before we did the Mkhi swap deal although if that went through the rumours were we would spunk Ā£90m on Lemar :joy:

2 Likes

Itā€™s crazy that swapping Alexis for Mkhy wasnā€™t even the worst possible outcome. Weā€™re run like a circus.

2 Likes

Signing Lemar means no Lacazette right?

Could have had Ozil, Giroud, Lemar, Ramsey in attack. Not terrible.

Bit of decorum mate Prince Philip only died yesterday.

2 Likes

@Stroller from the top rope!!! :tierney2:

2 Likes

The Laca signing was happening either way. That one happened earlier in the window from memory. Alexis/Lemar rumours were later after the season had started.

1 Like

My b. I just love a good sliding doors scenario. The ā€œalternate historyā€ subreddit is one of my faves. Sliding doors football history is so fun to think about too. Stadio did a podcast on it.

1 Like

EDIT: someoneā€™s planted this story.

1 Like

If we legitimately signed Lingard I think thatā€™d be the end of me watching Arsenal.

10 Likes

I think weā€™ve always been linked with the guy and I always thought he was gonna end up here at some point.
I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he was one of the options in January as we were looking for an attacking midfielder.

Anyway, I wouldnā€™t mind him if he was cheap(fee+wages), but he wonā€™t be so I hope we look elsewhere. Despite his controversial behaviour the guy is a really good player imo.

I wouldnā€™t be worried. This is just the lowest of the low in lazy football journalism imo

1 Like

Heā€™s far less irritating now that he doesnā€™t play for United. Still feels a bad move to me though.

Would prefer him over Fekir. He will probably provide more of an immediate impact than Odegaard too but Odegaard has elite potential as an #8.

Please please please no, I just canā€™t.

Are you joking?

Heā€™s had one good run on loan and somehow itā€™s forgotten how awful heā€™s been over a number of years. If he was early 20s so this was a sign of him developing Iā€™d considerate it, but at his age? :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Doubt we could even get someone of Lingardinhoā€™s ability.

1 Like

He hasnā€™t been awful for years.
Iā€™ve always found him a very good player personally despite being a meme within the community and having a controversial attitude.
Iā€™m not surprised at all that heā€™s made such an impact at West Ham.
Thereā€™s a reason heā€™s an English international and Mourinho trusted him a lot.

Again, if he was a cheap option I wouldnā€™t mind him here at all.

Lingard is a joke figure to Arsenal fans but his recent performances at West Ham show the levels he can play at. Quite phenomenal really and its hard to take that away from him.

The fact he couldnā€™t cut it at United shows maybe that heā€™s not able to play in such a high pressure environment. Being the star at a smaller club probably brings the best out of him.

Anyway, we shouldnā€™t be looking at a player of his profile. Need a younger and more naturally creative player if Ƙdegaard doesnā€™t stay.

2 Likes