Arsenal transfers 23/24

20 replies, was hoping for some exciting transfer news.

2 Likes

Once again, can’t stress enough how much we need a considerable injection this summer.

I really hope Arteta, Edu and the Kroenkes realize that. Even if we win the EL final, the squad isn’t where it should be.

If we manage to persuade Cellabos and Odegaard to stay and we get both of them for around 50m, that will be most of our transfer budget, unless we sell some first team players to pay for it.

The problem is that we’re mid table and playing the worst football we’ve seen and that’s with them in the team so, if we do buy them, we’re not going to be much stronger.

The problem isn’t the lack of quality, it’s the lack of a quality manager and, until that changes, it doesn’t matter who we buy, it’s not going to make any difference.

3 Likes

Agree with ya. No clue how Arteta has managed to make Ødegaaerd, Dani Ceballos, and even Partey, look like such mediocre players. Whatever we do in the market is going to be a fucking waste until we get a proper manager. I like our team a lot right now. Guendo, Dani, Partey, as our midfield options, and Ødegaard, Saka, ESR, Pepe, Auba in attack…this team should absolutely slap.

2 Likes

We need to sign this dude for the general rhymeness

Saka Laca Daka

6 Likes

Ceballos can’t be a target…he isn’t producing in midfield for us this season. Last night he was awful in midfield.

Yes we need quality additions to the squad. The summer is going to be massive for us. I keep saying it but I think this is probably the most important window in over 10 years for Arsenal. We have to secure quality targets and I have every faith in Edu and Arteta that they will pull it off.

I’m going to keep backing Arteta. He is a quality manager. You only need to listen to the players to see how much they rate him. I look forward to next season with a much improved squad that can start to really challenge again.

1 Like

He’s under immense pressure after last night though.
Regardless of any statements by the board or players if we don’t make the final his position will become untenable. That’s just how football is. Fans, press and Arsenal players history show you they’ll quit on him.
Thursday’s game is pivotal for him and the club after last night.

3 Likes
2 Likes

He also ball watched on United first goal and just allowed Greenwood to get to the ball completely unmarked. But like I said, Arteta would love this dood just to sit back in front of our defense and not be able to get the ball out of our own half :joy::joy:

3 Likes

This is actually bang on and I like Yves.

I have no idea what he was doing for that first goal. He was casually walking back watching Bruno approach the penalty box.
For the second, Brighton defence was a bit of a mess but Greenwood got behind him and he didn’t have a clue. Should have been more aware.

And btw, wanna guess his match rating on WhoScored? 7.48 .

Another example why you can’t trust stats blindly.

2 Likes

Do not want.

7 Likes

This guy again?? He’s becoming our new Sebastian Frey

Paging Doctor @gio

Is he worth it? (Let me work it.)

Any good? :grin:

No idea but Sporting are running away with Primeira Liga this season.

15 goals in 22 games from midfield. You’d expect if we were in for him it’d mean no Odegaard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldS3jExJj1g

Erm, I honestly don’t know if calha is worth it. Before Covid, he was the best chance creator in Europe and linked the whole play for us so well, one of the reasons we led the league. He has fallen off a bit but I think he can get back to it to be a dominating force. Hopefully Milan re-sign him but not for the 6/7m he wanted.

1 Like

28 year old Wilfried Zaha…pass

2 Likes

Ship sailed when Emery didn’t get him. Don’t make sense now.

1 Like