Arsenal transfers 23/24

Error prone is an understatement. I’m firmly in the no campaign with this one.

Didn’t we just get to an EL final?

Not sure how much blame you can give the owner for the massive bottle job from Emery and squad at the end of the season. CL football was well within their grasp

1 Like

An EL final that we didn’t win despite having more to lose than the other side.

Despite us goofing at the end of the season, this squad had no business competing for top4. We haven’t properly invested like the other sides around us to even think we deserved getting 4th place.

Emery overachieved in that regard to even get us to the point. Us being in the race was down to the teams around us being chokes more than us having the quality to actually do it.

It’s no secret that this squad has suffered from the lack of investment and proper managing at the top for years now. Stan is more to blame for the state of this squad than a manager who was in his first season with a mountain to climb.

3 Likes

Who is this Maurice guy? I wanted us to sign a CAM, not sure about ACM though

i feel like thats just an excuse to appeal other clubs.

1 Like

Absolutely spot on their Miles. I put Kroenke in the Mike Ashley at Newcastle bracket. Emery has picked up a terrible shit show and I think he had a good first season although we have to see if the collapse at the end of the season is just a blip or the sign of what the rest of his tenure as first team coach will be. I think he deserves a second season to prove himself either way especially given the likes of an Allegri is not available right now.

3 Likes

Last summer he bought a kid for peanuts that is 12 months later valued at 70m. As I said before, he’s got a reputation of being eccentric and difficult to work with, and he’s been pursuing that DOF job that we shoulda given him if we were smart. Besides he was hired before Stuttgart was relegated and seemed like they were staying up.

1 Like

According to some website?

1 Like

I am not sure you genuinely believe Guendouzi is worth £70m mate.

I doubt we’d get 20m

Internet never lies.

1 Like

Don’t do this Unai

Is he no good?

If we signed Vazquez I’d be pissed lol

7 Likes

He’s 28 and scored once last season. Would be an awful signing lol

1 Like

Then Denis, now Vasquez, are you mad?

1 Like

he no good. has no end product, good defensively by RM standards and coaches like him, that might be what stirs rumours, but he was one of those “promising youngsters” who woke up 27yo one day, we’ve had plenty of those here lol

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I have literally no idea who he is and I think I assumed he was a youngster lol

1 Like

He’d be our direct replacement for Welbeck, who basically never played anyway so doesn’t need replacing lol

If we sign Vasquez I am literally done