Arsenal transfers 23/24

And ur point? He’s there because like many brilliant savant types, he’s eccentric. He’s not there because he’s a subpar scout. The guy isn’t called diamond eye for nothing.

1 Like

There’s no other conclusion that can be drawn from that magnificent photo.

PL proven and European pedigree, where do we sign :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

He’s not gonna be wearing the previous seasons home top lol.

That home is absolutely horrific aswell thank fuck we never have to see it again

He’s there because a bigger club didn’t come in for him.

1 Like

I think this is quite clear

I think so too.

Dein, who has served various high-ranking roles at the club 1983 and was instrumental in appointing Arsène Wenger as manager in 1996, is believed to have been in favour of the bid, a stance that puts him at odds with the rest of the board.

That’s saying Dein wanted Kroenke in and the rest of the board didn’t. Not what you are saying.

1 Like

Is this a wind up??

Did you even read the article on the link? He didn’t want Kroenke.

I’m genuinely unsure how you’re getting that from anything written in that article. The part I quoted actually says he is in favour of it.

3 Likes

That is very Wenger like and, if it happens, you’re right, it is disgusting.
Playing players out of position is not good.
Playing your best players out of position is just ridiculous.

1 Like

Sorry I think I stand corrected. Dein wanted Kroenke at first then shifted to Usmanov. So although it’s true he left on the back of Kroenkes interest you’re right the rest didn’t want to sell so fell out with him. However Kroenke could’ve brought him back and mended the bridge with him rather than appointing the hopeless Money only men he did into the leading exec roles.

Everyone carrying on about dein still…good god let it drop he made his money and then some out of the situation. Everyone carrying on about him like he would be our saviour when he was one of the first to sell up and get gone whilst making a fortune doesnt sound too loyal to our cause does he!

:joy::joy::joy:

Dein sold his shares for big profit along with the rest of them. I don’t get why he’s so deified by so many, nor why anyone thinks he wants to be an employee of Arsenal / Kronke well into his 70s.

3 Likes

BUY ALL THE PLAYERS!

Why would he do that though? He was actively working against Kroenke becoming owner and it’s extremely unlikely he would have been brought back into the role he was so successful in. Neither party had anything to gain from Dein returning.

Well he might have done it because it would’ve been good for the club and because Dein probably enjoyed being involved in running it. Anyway it’s too late now because as Craigie points out, Dein is quite old now. I’m not saying Dein was a saint, he sold out for a big profit but I do think he cared and I do think he was extremely capable. The main point here though is that Kroenke keeps on appointing/retaining fairly incapable people from a football point of view (I don’t know if you agree?) since he took over and then he twiddles his thumb as the proverbial Rome burns.

Do you think Kroenke is a deserving owner of the club and/or are you happy with his ownership?

I think fans should own football clubs like they do in Germany but that’s not how it works so deserving, no…but no single person is by that standard.

Happy with his ownership? Not particularly but if we had an owner like Abramovich I’d probably say the same because of the level of interference he’s had over the years. There’s a balance that we’re unlikely to ever see with Stan. If he starts loading debt on to the club it will be incredibly damaging.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough from Raul yet to say he’s incompetent. Wenger was retained far too long and that’s mainly on Stan. I like that he mostly stays out of things football because he doesn’t know anything about it.

We could have far worse owners and we could have far better owners.

3 Likes

No thanks

2 Likes

As long Stan is here, we never gonna be competitive or win shit. Hope a billionaire or a country comes in and gives him an offer he can’t refuse.

4 Likes