Arsenal transfers 23/24

I’d love that but I can’t help but think he’s destined to Man United.

2 Likes

I don’t want Arteta or Edu to repeat anything we’ve seen this season.
With the players he has at his disposal, there is no way we should have been in the bottom half of the league so why would we trust them to get what we need in the next window?

1 Like

Agree and also agree that Arteta is the wrong man and we should stop investing in HIS squad, wait for summer and give a new manager the highest possible pool of investment, including all the departures and wages freed up (Ozil, et al.)…

Any decent players that can help augment this on a freebie this summer?

This sums it up perfectly for me. Arteta has had more than enough time to stamp his style of play, but he hasn’t as it stands we are still 11th in the table and still playing shitty football. I get that he may not like some of these players and if he had exactly who he wanted in every position he could maybe challenge for the title, but then it’s basically a “if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle” type thing. I just don’t have any confidence that Arteta can get us where we want to be.

3 Likes

I still don’t understand all of the hate for Arteta. The guy won us the FA Cup and Community Shield in his first season. We’ve had good wins this season against Utd and Chelsea. He has shown he has a style of play and the players believe in him…look at how the younger players in the squad talk about him. Always amuses me that when we win it is never done to the manager but as soon as we have lost a game or drawn one, it is the managers fault.

It is going to take time to rebuild the squad and anyone who thinks this is going to happen quickly is being unrealistic. We are still paying the price for years of bad recruitment, going back to 2015 when we only signed Cech and 2016 when we signed Xhaka and Mustafi.

Give Arteta and Edu time to turn this around. Any ‘fans’ that want short term fixes should go and support Chelsea!

1 Like

I’m assuming this is sarcastic… well done… :arteta:

1 Like

There’s no style of play for me. Please enlighten me what it is then.

1 Like

Don’t think anyone hates Arteta bro, we just don’t think he’s good enough to get Arsenal back to the top. He’s had more than enough time to prove us wrong, And unfortunately for all of us he’s proving that he doesn’t have what it takes.

2 Likes

No I’m deadly serious…I’ve said before that Arteta wasn’t my preferred option for Manager, but I’ve seen enough to want to give him a full chance to succeed.

He has only been in the job for a year with only one transfer window to make a difference to the playing squad. We have every chance to succeed still this season.

He’s into his third window now.

3 Likes

Ok then you are nuts… lol… you’ve seen enough to want him to succeed? I want him to succeed too… that never changes… but the evidence suggests he is total crap.

3 Likes

Let’s see who’s right at the end of the season!

Our current ‘rebuild’ Post-Wenger has us 11th lol. Xhaka one of the last Wenger remnants Arteta convinced to stay.

I’m bored on modern manager philosophy too, how about Arteta earns the right to spend more. He’s spent money and we’ve gotten worse. He’s frozen out players he’s deemed undesirable. The football is shit, the results are shit and we look like shit.

7 Likes

So you’re saying you think we’ll win the Europa League ? That’s the only thing that can actually save this season.

2 Likes

He’s on his third window, but let’s go with your analysis.

What has he done during his one window?

Signed Willian? Bust.

Failed to find a use for Guendouzi, Ozil and Saliba. Destroying asset value left and right.

Failed to find a suitable formation for the players we have.

I think I’ve seen enough.

4 Likes

Noooooooo

‘i rest my case’ was right there ffs. What are you doing?!

2 Likes

We don’t actually say that!

Let’s see where we are at the end of the season…you can’t judge Arteta or the team midway through the season. Our big signing from the summer has played how many games? We are five points off Chelsea after the bad run we have had…how much did they spend in the summer? I’ve been going to watch Arsenal for years now and I have seen more from Arteta compared to Emery and Wenger in his final years to think we need to give him time.

I think we have a very good chance to win Europa this season. We are a good cup team and can beat anyone on the day. Arteta has shown that with the FA Cup last season. We’ve failed time and time again in Europe, and will never forget my trip to Baku…the squad is evolving and we can still have a good finish in the league this season - still lots of games to play and it is very tight.

Ok…so taking each one in turn…let’s discount January windows because the real business gets done in the summer.

We signed Gabriel (currently our best CB) and Partey - two excellent signings - the best in recent years.

Willian…yes I agree - I would have preferred to sign a younger winger, BUT Willian could still come good. He was good for Chelsea so let’s see at the end of the season.

Guendouzi…sorry you have lost me there completely. I 100% back Arteta on his decision to freeze him out of the squad. His behaviour and attitude was not acceptable and refused to apologise. If Arteta had backed down he would have been seen to be weak. Guendouzi was given a chance and blew it. He is doing well in Germany and fully expect we will be able to sell him for a good price and a profit in the summer and reinvest the money in another midfielder. As for Ozil, well I liked Ozil but if he isn’t training and performing the way the manager wants he can’t play. I loved watching Ozil under Wenger, but he didn’t work hard enough for the team! Anyway that saga is ending and the savings from his wages will mean we can reinvest in the summer.

Formation…we have one - 4-2-3-1. We played 3 at the back to shore up our weak defence. He has made us defensively more tight and difficult to score against. The whole team takes more responsibility for defending now and we currently have the 4th best defence in the league. Been a while since you could say that. Now we have transitioned to 4-2-3-1 we just need to find the right balance.

1 Like

Why has Partey played so few games? Arteta rushed him back for Spurs to try to cover his own ass. It was a short term move made by a coach who knew he was in trouble and it blew up in his face.

Also, you’re pretending like Arteta had only two choices with Guendouzi, ship him out or let him act like a dickhead. There are many options in between which include, I don’t know, maybe coaching him? Or at the very least, working to find a solution behind the scenes so we don’t wind up with pennies on the dollar for him, which we almost certainly will now.

You still think that Arteta is unhappy with this type of “balance” in the 4-2-3-1. This is it Chief. This is what he likes. He’s not an adventurous coach, he likes workers who will do what they’re told like Xhaka, he likes micromanaging and imo is afraid of playing a more expansive style. He’s just too cowardly to say it.

5 Likes
  1. First of all, yes I can judge him halfway through a season. Ever heard of sample size? It’s not painting a pretty picture.

2. I don’t care what Chelsea is doing, we’re underperforming ourselves.

3. Arteta plays a big responsibility in what happened to Partey at Spurs, he was desperate for results and tried to rush him back. He also didn’t sub a concussed David Luiz until half-time either.

4. ‘Finished’ Wenger delivered 3 FA Cups and took a elite team in Atletico to knock us out of the Europa, Arteta getting the FA Cup was good, but that season included an embarrassing defeat to Olympiakos, and Emery’s 1st season was the closest we’ve been to CL Football and probably will be for quite awhile to go.

3 Likes