Arsenal transfers 24/25

That’s good point mate. I remember back then Gilberto would pop up with a goal, Vieira, Edu and even Toure would nab the occasional goal.

2 Likes

Mazraoui is a good defender and RB. Definitely an upgrade on Bellerin for sure.

I think we should have gone for Ziyech, a creative midfielder which we now kinda lack (well we have one, but he isn’t being played at all). He would add so much to this Arsenal team.

4 Likes

How do you rate Neres atm?
I hardly watched him in the last year, he and Ziyech were my favourites to sign before we got Pepe.

2 Likes

The problem right now is, the Ajax team has been broken down a bit, because key players like Ziyech, De Ligt, De Jong, Van de Beek have left the club. So it’s not as smooth sailing as it used to be (although I think Ten Hag is working towards making it click again with the new additions).

Neres in the right set up is a good player. But, at Arsenal, I don’t think we need him when we have Pepe, Saka etc.

5 Likes

Yep, now with Saka emerging as the first choice RW we don’t need a winger that much.
I was just a bit worried his form dropped, I really thought he’s a top talent seeing him in the CL two years ago and a pretty safe investment after seeing what he has done against Madrid, Juve, Totteham etc…

Surely we would have done much better if we had gone for him in stead of Pepe? And he would’ve been cheaper too I guess. Younger too :bellerin:

I should be the Arsenal head scout. :xhaka: :bellend:

3 Likes

We don’t know how he would have done here. Under Arteta we would probably all hate on Neres. Let’s not forget that most players we have got are massively underperforming at the moment.

That Ajax team that made it to the semi final in the CL was neat. You take out 3/4 key players and the team will never perform at the same level, only after some time of rebuilding. So form sometimes is affected by the team’s set-up and new surroundings.

2 Likes

You’re right.
I can remember seasons under both Graham and Wenger when there would be several players that would score ten or more league goals a season and there would also be defensive players that would get a few as well.

This is the worst attacking Arsenal side I’ve seen for chances made and goals scored.

3 Likes

'bout time Ajax found their place again. :rofl:

Ajax been punching above its weight last 5 seasons. And we will come back again with youth players and smart buys of experienced players. Overmars and Ten Hag doing a good job.

2 Likes

Just kidding. I do hope Ajax does rise again.
Massive club, can’t be argued.

2 Likes

Your thoughts on Dumfries from PSV as a potential replacement for Hector if he goes? I’m not convinced we should sell him and think a lot of the hate is people just not liking his image but I do the same thing with Willian and Xhaka.

2 Likes

This is definitely true, he comes of as an up him self prat, but regardless of that he’s still crap.

He doesn’t offer much going forward, is a defensive liability and truly lacks any positional awareness. Plus he’s weak and gets knocked of the ball way to easily. He is pacy, and usually puts in 100% effort and you can tell he loves the club, but ultimately these are not enough and any other time maybe he could get away with being our right back, but when you have someone like Tierney on the opposite flank, it just highlights how lacking and limited Bellerin is.

Edit: Also I would personally love to have someone like Dumfries, he’s good going forward, can cross well and has a good physical presence.

1 Like

I was never big on Hector but he did win me over in his breakout season. He did have a good thing with Mert on his side and they seem to balance each other off well.
Since then the full-back position has evolved considerably. Nowadays offensively Hector ain’t that special and his reliance on pace to make up for average defending isn’t cutting it anymore.

1 Like

The Demise of Pashun by @BizzySignal

You do make some good points. I do like that Hector can cut inside and dribble a bit in the midfield. IDK if Dumfries can do that? I don’t watch a ton of PSV except for yesterday when a 9,000 year old Zahavi walked in from Chinese Super League football and randomly scored two against Ajax.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:.

I’m not sure about cutting inside, but he’s really strong on the ball and very good when pushing up wide and on the byline. In addition to that think how awesome it would be to have some one on the team called Denzel!

2 Likes

Have we signed anyone yet?

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Always good to hear :chester:

Welcome to Arsenal, Yves.

9 Likes