Arsenal transfers 24/25

Everton spent more than that on Richalison! How do we have less money than them?!

3 Likes

That ÂŁ45m figure always seemed like bullshit.

1 Like

Not opposed to it, if we add the much needed quality to replace Ozil, Mkhi and Ramsey with.

Reboot our midfield and wage structure there.

1 Like

Not sure about the first two. Simply not that ruthless. Elneny and Jenkinson are going. Ospina is already gone. I can see Chambers impressing during pre-season with Emery and board deciding they give him a go next season as backup.

Bragging about our huge warchest hasn’t served us too well in the past. Maybe it not just on field tactics that are changing.

3 Likes

How are we so fucking poor?! Playing in the most richest league in the world in the best city in the league?

I don’t understand

Why are some taking that figure as gospel? :joy:

5 Likes

It’s the Daily Mail, and they’re paragons of honesty.

That’s why people believe it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dont think anyone thinks its the actual figure. The thing is the though the club regular get quoted on a low ball figure and tends to be the case.
Sow the seeds early and cushion the blow with a bit of short term anger. Tried and tested formula.
People said Emery needs a few windows to turn this around and their right. Anything between 45 and 80 million is way below anywhere the needed amount.

1 Like

45m lelel. We’ll have over 100m to spunk on new players when we sell Laca.

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying about Martinez not being good enough as second choice GK but when Cech goes and, if we can’t persuade Ospina to stay, then we should be able to afford to get a decent experienced back up to Leno with the money we save from the wages from those two players.

When you look at clubs like Burnley, who have three decent GK options with Hart, Heaton and Pope, Everton have Pickford and Stekelenburg and also Bournemouth, who have Begovic and Boruc, we should be doing the same.

I think this tactic should have been used by Wenger and Gazidis who, rather than plead poverty, used to brag that “we can afford any player,” “we can compete with any clubs in Europe,” “we are the most profitable club in Europe,” and the classic, “200m war chest.”

You never know, the board might surprise us, and rather than only having 45m to spend on players, it might be 45m and a pound.

Players like Mahrez who could’ve come to arsenal and done a job now sulking because they’re benched at city and not getting pitch minutes, what the fuck did they expect?

5 Likes

Fuck Mahrez. He’s been anonymous since he joined City.

2 Likes

A Top Center Back, A Left Back, A Winger, A Center Mid and a back up Striker would do nicely. Serious money on the Center Back and Winger. Some good finds on the cheap for the others. We’re not going to be spending big no matter if we get CL football.

Although I agree with you, just buying a top CB alone is going to be more than our 45m budget.
It’s hard to see how Emery is going to get what we need in the next window, as well as get rid of what we don’t need.

2 Likes

That’s it, do I see us getting those positions probably not. But it’s what we need really to even think of competing on both fronts next season. 45 million plus whoever he gets rid off, won’t bring in enough talent to bring this squad to the next level.

I take anything what the press say with a pinch of salt with transfer funds, but I can imagine the backlash coming the clubs way if they are not seen trying to compete. If we get top 4 and win the EL, it be a good sign to show the fan’s during the summer we mean business by spending. Only time will tell.

1 Like

:arteta: why would we be even trying to do so?

4 Likes