Arsenal transfers 24/25

I agree, I’m not suggesting that he’s been a successful signing, I’m just saying there was good logic for buying him, which aligns with the idea that we have been targeting the right players over the last 2 seasons.

In hindsight I’d rather we got cash then took Mkhi on high wages. He’s been nothing short of shit since signing to play in English football and moving him on has to be a priority this summer.

The club’s decision not to sell Sanchez in the summer for £60m looks worse with each passing performance from Mkhi.

6 Likes

I think we’d all feel worse if we’d taken the 60m for Sanchez and dropped that 90m on Lemar.

7 Likes

Those players costed 60 million ponds at least. Which is still a conservative estimate. There was only 1 or 2 million incoming from Reine-Adelaide.

If Carrasco, Fraser and Andersen/Praet all happen that is also a gross spend of 70/80 million when you look at the mentioned fees.

It’s not City like spending, obviously. But not for a club who has very limited possibilities either.

Tbf, similarly to the Dembele deadline offer, they’re all smoke, purposely a last ditch effort(better yet show) by the club so that fans think we’re ambitious. Even if the selling club accepted the offer they wouldn’t have enough time to finalize it.
If Arsenal really wanted Lemar they would get him for 40-60m in the summer but they were too hang up on Alexis dick.

1 Like

Absolutely. Would have maybe been the worst piece of business in football history.

1 Like

Four more years lol

2 Likes

Noooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Arsenal’s player of the season award had four of Mislintat’s signings. So without going too deeply on our opinions on each individual player and what we think about them, that is unprecedented at any club. Within a season too? On a budget of £50m/£60m? Arsenal hasn’t nailed these many transfers in god knows when?!

There’s a huge difference in terms of tracking and signing a player. Arsene Wenger et al have infamously tracked Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic etc. That doesn’t mean a thing unless they sign on the dotted line. Credit where credit is due.

We’re questioning whether the ‘head of recruitment’ recruited the players?

Mislintat on Guendouzi below. Tracked by him personally since 2016/17 season. When recruitment was taken out of his hands (Denis Suarez), he left.

DZ: A young midfielder you signed from the second French division for Arsenal.

SM: I saw him at FC Lorient, when the club still was in the first division. I like the club, they always produce interesting players. Guendouzi stood out with his long hair and his personality. But I also concentrated on his weaknesses. Are they trainable? Matteo ran unnecessarily across the whole pitch, but I was sure: It’s only a matter of training and time, before he learns when to run. It was an important transfer for us, because we wanted to show the world: We’re still the old Arsenal, which gives opportunities to younger player.

3 Likes

Spot on with your analysis there!!

You prove the point well. It’s this shit Kroenke regime undoing good wherever they find it. That’s why we’re on this long unprecedented decline to an Aston Villa like death. In a few years we’ll be celebrating when we finally get promoted from the Championship

3 Likes

I’ve never seen this lad play a single minute but if we don’t sign him then what’s the point of next season.

3 Likes

If we don’t sign a new LB then we might as well shut this FC down.

1 Like

@Leper

2 Likes

I might get a Tear’in’me eye if we don’t pull this signing off

Could take us to the next Tier

He might Stierney us to top 4

Not an easy one to do lads. Tried my best fuck off

10 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

We just done that to ensure we could maximise his transfer value…I really hope another team comes knocking…I really think he could do well in Italy.

We will never be in a position to sell Xhaka. As much as we hate him, there is no competition for him and the club will hang onto him.

Xhaka is going no where, so my only hope was a shorter contract.