Arsenal transfers 24/25

Not arguing against this, I stated the bare minimum.

Phone…

1 Like

You’ve basically listed all the things I said and then put this on the end.

We’ve had loads of time to loan out or sell players and are still waiting.
It’s not like we didn’t know about the dross we’ve accumulated for the last few seasons and it’s come as a big surprise.

As for one or two midfielders coming in, I just can’r see that happening, certainly not the quality we’re looking for.

We’ve had a net spend of about 5m so if you’re happy with that, then fine but I was expecting the board to back Arteta a bit more which I don’t see happening.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I did.

What you didn’t copy was the good news though. Is that because “Captured the signatures of Aubameyang and Saka” doesn’t fit with the narrative of your pessimistic and premature summary of the transfer window?

1 Like

With you on this one.
Plus, we probably have the third best manager out of the Top 6 which improves our chances massively.

No attacking right wing back. Saka on the left.

It’s true, we have captured the signings of Aubameyang and Saka, as well as Cellabos on loan for another season but these players were already here so this is the sort of business a top club should be doing as a matter of course.

Willian, on a free and Gabriel look to be decent signings but, again, not nearly enough and we’re still stuck with way too many players that we just can’t shift.
We’re desperate for some quality in midfield which we’ve been waiting for since Sanchez left.

Every transfer window is the same and while we’re still waiting most of our rivals are getting their business done.
Even spurs, who are paying about twice as much for their new stadium as we did for ours, are doing more.

The board lack any urgency or ambition for our club.

1 Like

So far Arteta hasn’t been backed you’d have to say, what look to be poor deals for Cedric and Mari in January.

This summer so far it has been a net spend of 5 million quid, I’m still holding out hope for 1 key signing late in the window though.

5 Likes

If we didn’t buy these two useless cunts who have barely even featured we would of had enough money to buy Partey. I can’t believe we bought those two I really can’t.

5 Likes

Lo Celso

1 Like

Siu!

2 Likes

A double Xkaka pivot!?

9 Likes

God help us if we sign this guy.

1 Like

I suppose this is one of the “backup” options we’re considering.

This window has been dead AF :laca:

5 Likes

If people are frustrated with Xhaka’s lack of urgency I’ve got some bad news. :arteta:

I watched him a lot for Napoli and he was outstanding under Sarri. I don’t really see how he does anything besides slow the play down. I thought we exposed him in the FA Cup final big style. He can’t live with the press, he’s a tempo player imo but that tempo is slow AF.

He’s also 28!

If Partey’s release clause is 50m and we end up spending let’s say…30m on a guy who is even more underwhelming there should be serious questions asked about Edu’s intelligence.

5 Likes

No no no no no no! Please no!

2 Likes

Xhaka-Jorginho :heart_eyes:

This has to be a ‘backup’ option…we are clearly in for Partey and Aouar. Reports are saying that Torreira has agreed terms with Atletico and hasn’t featured in any of our squads so far this season. Atletico and Arsenal are just playing hard ball. A deal will be done, I’m sure. As for Aouar, Lyon are very hard negotiators, but what goes in our favour is that they have to sell players because of their financial situation. Depay hasn’t been sold and the closer we get to the window closing, I can see us making another move for Aouar, and they may be forced to sell. I just hope this is going on in the background and this is a case of where we are holding our nerve to get a good deal for both players.

If at the end of the window we have signed Aouar, Partey, Gabriel, Ceballos (on loan), and Rúnarsson as our backup GK, as well as tying Auba down to a new deal, we should be very happy indeed.

1 Like

This would be terrible but thankfully it seems to be a classic nothing story, just speculation based on Jorginho being rated by Man City while Arteta was there.

Also, Jorginho has been Chelsea’s captain in both matches this season and they really only have three reliable CMs in him, Kante, and Kovacic. I don’t see them trying to push him out the door.

Sky Sports are reliable when it comes to us though no?
I don’t think he is a main target but I could see us leaking this to pressure Lyon or Atleti into cashing in.

Reliable, but surely just examining options, with a view of putting pressure on others to sell.