Arsenal transfers 24/25

4 Likes

From the Championship maybe

1 Like

This has been the quietest transfer window I can remember in terms of numbers of players linked with us.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if things exploded in about a weeks time. This window is all about the waiting game for several clubs, I think.

Is that true? I believe we have been linked with a lot of players still, especially early on with the uncertainty of European football.
It’s just that I think now people are more aware of who’s reliable or not.

It’s not a normal time though. Nobody knows how things play out going forward.
One of the reasons loans are popular right now. Lot of teams don’t want too risk losing a season on a signing in the first year.
Fan restrictions are going to impose on clubs income.

1 Like

Basically, in this window, we have:
Bought a CB, a position we’re already stacked in.
Got Willian, on a free.
Retained Cellabos on loan.
Managed to get rid of Mkhitaran and some fringe players but downgraded considerably on our second choice GK.

Arteta needs to be backed by the board in the window, to give him what he needs to start challenging for the top four places.

Clearly, what we had ;last season wasn’t good enough and we have done very little to change that with the lacklustre window we have had so far.

Surely, both Arteta and Aubameyang wouldn’t be here if they weren’t given certain assurances about our ambition going forward but we are still stuck with an assortment of inadequate players that we’ve been trying to get rid of for several seasons and haven’t strengthened the midfield with any significant quality, apart from Willian.

It’s just as well all the other clubs around us, like spurs, Everton, Chelsea, Leeds and Leicester are doing nothing as well, otherwise we might be accused of being lazy in the transfer market.

1 Like

Trying:
Release clause is 50m, take 20m plus Guendouzi

Interested to know who the back-ups are?

1 Like

Danilo Perrreia was rumoured

Stop with the narrative, Arteta has the tools to reach CL football. If the window ended today Arteta would have been sufficiently backed on and off the pitch.

At this point Partey/Aouar is the cherry not the cake

I imagine any article with Partey or Aouar in the title is getting enough clicks that they don’t need to make anything else up.

2 Likes

We have a mid table cake, as was proved last season.

Aubameyang is the only cherry we have and our midfield, without at least one decent signing, is not going to get a top four place.

1 Like

Come on Arsenal we need signings !?

We’re only a midtable side if you take a rotten sample of 6 months under a rotten manager and treat it as definitive.

The bare minimum level of expectation for the talent/investment in this side currently is a top 5 finish and EL semi final imo.

1 Like

I thought you felt like we have the 6th squad in terms of talent?

Pure talent yes, coaching wise Arteta elevates expectations of the side slightly

3-4-3 to stay, but with no attacking wingbacks, probably no new midfield and no new left winger/attacking midfielder.

That’s Europa League level stuff.

edit: talent wise, I’d say that 4th or 5th could sitll be possible with a different way of playing.

3 Likes

This squad, even as far as talent goes, is good enough to get 4th. Spurs has a great forward line and very good goalkeeper, but other than that aren’t special at all (but to be fair that offensive line is huge and can make a big difference). United great midfield, but their offensive players are overrated imo and Greenwood is still very young. De Gea has lost it. Apart from Wan-Bissaka their defenders are average. I think people are really underrating this squad in comparison what United and Tottenham have on offer.

3 Likes

Considering Arteta has smallest transfer budget of any Arsenal manager in recent years, I’d say him and Edu have done very well so far. It doesn’t help having a surplus of sh!te defenders and the world’s most expensive staff car park attendant (Ozil was too slow to mop the changing room floors I understand).

Bought a CB, one of the best prospects in that position and can play at left back.
Moan about the “free transfer” all you like, it’s Willian, not some bloke who’s played well in Ligue 2 recently.
Retained the excellent Cellabos on loan.
Managed to get one back-up goalie with them looking for another.
Got rid of Mkhitaran, Mav and Martinez with ÂŁ15m going into the bank.
Lots of time to loan out, sell and offload others.
1 maybe 2 midfielders on the way.
Captured the signatures of Aubameyang and Saka.

If anyone actually expected more than the above back in August, you need to have a word with yourself, possibly even wind your own neck in, please.