Arsenal transfers 23/24

he’s shit and barely has much potential to grow. would make much sense.

I thought the Martinez cash would be the deciding factor but I Don’t think either of these is happening

1 Like

If we get neither it’s a huge concern, we’ll just be plugging away for a top 6 place then.

1 Like

Yeah squad as is I have as 6th in terms of quality on paper.

1 Like

Man I hope this is bullshit, honestly why sell Emi if we’re spending all his money on some championship level goalkeeper? Seriously

1 Like

I had a hundred unread posts in here when I got tagged here. Can’t say it was worth it to catch up tbh :santi:

11 Likes

Is this even a reliable source? Seems complete BS.

They have a podcast where they have footballers as guests. They’ve gotten some very good names in as guests so I think they have good connections.
I believe they had an exclusive recently on Balogun as well.
I would certainly not believe them if they covered a story about an overseas player but I could definitely see them have connections involving Championship clubs or some lower PL clubs.

I’m hoping if this were true that he’d be loaned back to Brentford for the season and the payment comes next season. Wishful thinking?

1 Like

I agree.
I doubt we’ll get even one of them unless we sell Torreira, Guendouzi and maybe a CB for big money.
It seems, as usual, that our business will drag on until the end of the window and we’ll be stuck with the same high earners and very little quality bought in.

To go another season with such an average midfield, while not shifting the same under performers, just shows a lack of urgency.
Willian was a decent signing but the lack of quality in our midfield is becoming a joke.

1 Like

I’ll be very disappointed if we dont make a midfield signing. I still feel that we will get someone but also factoring in the club’s general shitness at transfer stuff.

Hurry the fuck up though ffs

4 Likes

Doesn’t have anything about Arteta talking to him being the deciding factor so I dont believe the source.

4 Likes

Another season of Xhaka as a starter and the most important midfielder at the club. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think we’ll sign one midfielder.

• No midfielders will be signed

0 voters

Depressing Friday for transfers. Absolutely no movement it seems.

Highly depends on departure of Torreira and Guen

2 Likes

There might be one but certainly not two and they might not be the quality we need.
I would think Arteta wants a CM/DM and maybe a more attacking creative midfielder as well, which we have lacked for several seasons.

With the signing of Willian, It would be more likely that he might go for CM/DM, as trying to get our board to put our money where their mouth is, and get both, won’t be happening in this transfer window.

Our net spend this window is almost nothing, with Gabriel coming in, then Martinez being sold and Mkhitayran off the wage bill.

We spent quite a bit last season and our board have a nasty habit of following a window like that with a very low spending, underwhelming one, which I expect to happen here.

The only way Arteta will get what he wants is if we sell some players for big money first, which looks just as unlikely.

Just replace “Friday” with “Arsenal.” :grinning:

2 Likes

Hurry the fuck up and get that swap deal done. Both clubs are wasting precious time!!

4 Likes

Straight player swap deal for Partey no cash involved would be incredible haha

3 Likes

Biggest siuuuu for today. Get in