Arsenal transfers 23/24

Nah the only football we watch together is The Rovers who we both support.

2 Likes

I remember almost every transfer window we were linked to Draxler, Lacazette and Jovetic.
We got one of them, we certainly don’t need any more.

The only way out would be to sell Guendouzi for 20m and Draxler, then just sell Draxler on to Leeds for around 15m in the nest window.

Guendouzi for Draxler would be the dumbed down equivalent of Sanchez for Mkhitayran.

Draxler is only worth about £20m and I think that is a kind evaluation in Covid. Verratti is the only straight swap I’d really be up for, but he’s probably worth about £50m. Everyone else of interest is out of our league and price range right now. The only way I’d consider doing a deal would be if Draxler + £10m (totaling of £30-35m) for Guendouzi and them taking 1 or 2 of our worthless CBs. Get some players off the wage bill.

That said, I think Draxler would be better served going back to the Bundesliga.

2 Likes

I don’t know why PSG just don’t sell Draxler to another club and then buy Guendouzi, they don’t need to sell before they can buy they’re not exactly a cash strapped club.

They could still get good money for Draxler, he’s still a decent player, and not too old.
We certainly don’t need him and having Draxler, Lacazette and Aubameyang playing for us is like a Wenger wish list from a few seasons ago.

But Verratti seems to be injured every other day

1 Like

Very true. I was purely speaking about talent.

1 Like

Is there a club willing to buy when he’s in his last year of his contract? That’s probably the issue, especially with Covid. I think the most interest would be in Germany and at 26, I’d just wait a year and then sign him on a free.

1 Like

Draxler is another one of these players who still lives off of the hype of his name and reputation after a few good seasons for a weaker club in a weaker league.

His name is definitely bigger than his ability and I’m actually shocked to hear he’s only 27, feels like he’s been around for decades haha

I feel like he would be very underwhelming for us.

In his best season, 12/13 he got 10 goals and 4 assists for Schalke in 2,100 mins and this is the guy people were saying we’d replace RvP with by playing him as a false 9/in the hole lol

In 18/19 he got 3 goals and 8 assists for PSG in 2,000 mins.

Really nothing special, I know he’s been deployed as a CM a lot for PSG but still.

AVOID.

2 Likes

Been telling this forum Draxler is a fraud since his Schalke days.

5 Likes

Draxler doesn’t want leave PSG anyway.

So PSG want Guen and we want Aouar but they won’t do a swap deal.

Atletico want Guen and we want Partey and they won’t do a swap deal.

Just do the fucking swap god dammit!

1 Like

Aouar isn’t a PSG player :joy:

4 Likes

Aouar plays for Lyon though.

Every football game I’ve ever played since PSG signed Draxler, they transfer list him at the first possible opportunity.

If that doesn’t say avoid I don’t know what does.

3 Likes

Is Draxler even german? the guy’s there for the money and happy to be benched all the time.

94469476e6b50b75749ab5eb5891c49a

14 Likes

I don’t know if this is the choice but

Draxler + Partey > Aouar only.

1 Like

Apparently there will be news tonight.

I’ve just google translated this and apparently it means arsenal premiership reversal of the king

2 Likes

That guy is an obvious fraud.

Its probably that Auba has signed his extension or something equally stupid.