Arsenal transfers 23/24

Theres no need for Leno to play in the carabao cup lol.

1 Like

Great, thats Ā£2.50 towards the transfer kitty.

Thereā€™s every reason for the best player in their position to play in cup games if you actually want to win them.

Normally you get some bullshit about ā€œwell we have two great keepersā€ which sort of makes sense when you have experienced internationals like Cech, Ospina and Szczesny knocking about, but not so much when itā€™s about giving Martinez a game.

Thereā€™s even less need to rotate your number one keeper.

2 Likes

fucking liarā€¦you honestly reckon we would get Ā£2.50 for mustafi? :henry2:

1 Like

What if he gets injured?

We all know that silly season canā€™t officially begin until MOLEY comes out of his hole and doesnā€™t see his shadow. So Iā€™ve got great news, silly season has officially begun, letā€™s get this party started!! šŸ–’šŸ–’ :grin::grin:

1 Like

I already mentioned him a long time ago I am more up to date than he is I started a thread ages ago

Thatā€™s not rotation. Unless you mean during the match? And if so that happens so rarely with a keeper in match Iā€™d still play him every game.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have that much of a clearout, but donā€™t see all going as we wonā€™t be able to replace them.

What is going in with the bloody decision makers. We spend years losing players because we couldnā€™t pay them higher wages. Then we start to pay higher wages and those are the players we now look to offload.

You knew what you were getting when buying Ɩzil, a world class creator, but not a defensive player. You need the players around him to work and give him the freedom for focus on one thing, creating. He was never really given that. Wish we could see it, but I donā€™t see Emery adjusting to him.

The deadweight must go, including some who get more playing time than they should. Hell, give away some of the players if you have to, like Jenk. But all of it will be for nothing if we donā€™t replace. We need to go out and play big for a CB. I would love to see us go all in for de Ligt. I know the PL would be a big step up, but heā€™s 19 and had led his side to a CL semi-final, taking out 2 heavyweights in the process. Then a Rmasey/Ɩzil hybrid would be fucking awesome, but I canā€™t think of one. A top class winger would be fab, but would rather us focus on a GK and defense. We have some very promising youngsters that look as though they should get more play - Nelson coming back, Smith Row and Nketiah.

1 Like

I dunno, I feel like weā€™re gonna be pretty fucked in the transfer market and itā€™s going to be very difficult with us, Chelsea and United all looking to strengthen not with one or two signings but an overhaul to an extent, its not going to be a pretty window.

Completely agree. And having CL football will having a big impact. If we can manage that, itā€™ll help. If both Utd and Chelsea miss out, that should help give us a little boost as well.

I agree with all this except going for a GK rather than a winger.
If we get a top CB, winger and Ramsey replacement that would be a great window, as long as they are all top quality rather than prospects or older players that are just using us a their retirement home.

I have no problem with good young prospects coming in, but only as well as proven quality, not instead of.

I hear you, but we will be short on GKs with Cech retiring and Ospina likely to be sold. I donā€™t think Martinez is the quality backup we need - not sure how heā€™s been doing on loan. We need a GK for cups and Leno backup that wonā€™t be a huge risk.

Believe me, Iā€™d love a top class winger coming in. We really have needed a proper winger for years, but we unless we force Ospina to stay, we need a backup GK. Unless Iā€™m missing something. But we only have Cech & Leno and then one academy keeper.

Wheres the evidence on Nelson, Smith Rowe and Nketiah being that promising. ESR I have a bit of hope with but the other 2 not really. Throw Mav under a bus with them 2 as well for me.

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s an ideal solution, just that giving them a chance, even if in the league cup, could provide a solution. Our problem is we have a owner who wonā€™t fully invest. I think our defense is still priority, which means we may need to offer more opportunities to youth next season. Nelson, whilst a little up and down, looked very good before his loan and did some outstanding work on loan. For me, heā€™s the most likely for promotion. Smith Row has impressed on several occasions in the first team. Preseason will be key for these youngsters.

Like I said, we are short on GKs with Cech retiring and Ospina likely to be sold. We need a clearout and quality players brought in at defense and a replacement for Ramsey. For me, Iā€™d rather solidify our defense. Whilst attacking players can make mistakes, more often then not they donā€™t cost you conceding a goal. Itā€™s a safer place to take a risk. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s perfect, just being realistic with what we need and what we may invest in.

Hahahaha weā€™re so fucked, not much point being in the Champions League if that indeed is our budget, the current squad not good enough.

1 Like

Well we should be hoping that CL football increases the budget a bit more. But yeah, lol

1 Like

Oh great 45 million and the Ramsey fee.:disappointed_relieved:

The one thing we had to cling on to was the board finding a new direction for hope. we are screwed if this even half true.

1 Like