Arsenal transfers 24/25

Why on earth did he sign a six year deal :joy:

1 Like

Heā€™s fucking legit, but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s ready yet

Heā€™d cost an absolute bomb. No chance.

Grealish is a sublime player. Would love for us to sign him in the role Ceballos plays now. Saint-Maximin is class too. If we kept Auba and played him centrally with Saint-Maximin on the left it would be sexy.

1 Like

I agree completely about Partey and Upamecano - they should be our top two transfer targets in the summerā€¦and agree with you about a Saliba/Upamecano partnership - that could be our central defence for the next 10 years!

I would sooner us sell Guendouzi though, along with Sokratis, Mustafi and Mavropanos. I would keep Lacazette.

Havenā€™t heard much about Szboszlai thoughā€¦I was hoping we could get another tank in central midfield. to play alongside Partey.

1 Like

You donā€™t hear much because nobody can pronounce his name. :ozil:

Just curious, why would you want a second tank/destroyer in midfield? Isnā€™t one enough? And I donā€™t even think Partey is that one dimensional. Heā€™s not Lorik Cana.

The amount of times Iā€™ve seem Saint-Maximin, and heā€™s been absolutely shite.

1 Like

I suppose because Iā€™m so fed up of seeing us turned over and not being able to get a win against the top teams anymoreā€¦Bayern are open to selling Thiago Alcantara this summerā€¦Liverpool are interested. Maybe we could hijack :heart_eyes: Partey - Thiago pivot anyone :raul:

1 Like

Now thatā€™s a double pivot Iā€™d love. Doesnā€™t really do much to lower the age profile of the team. Thiago also has bones made of balsa wood. Could be an issue up North.

Maybe a younger version thenā€¦just like the idea of having tough defence and midfield that the likes of Liverpool and City couldnā€™t break down

donā€™t want saint maximim

Iā€™d happily have him, but not for the price Newcastle will sell for.

I think he will be a very good player in his peak

Ornstein on Leon Bailey in The Athletic.

ā€œBefore the coronavirus pandemic and footballā€™s shutdown, Leverkusen were expected to seek a fee of around ā‚¬50 million for Bailey. But that figure is likely to be reduced to ā‚¬20-30 million, even though the Kingston-born attacker has three years left on his contract. With Manchester City and Manchester United thought to be among those to have expressed interest, although he is not a first-choice target for either team.ā€

Iā€™d take him in a heartbeat over Laca for whom weā€™d easily get a similar price. Heā€™d get a first team place at Arsenal, albeit, not in the Champions League, yet.

1 Like

Those proposed figures make me think that we are more likely to extend Mustafi and maybe even Xhaka. The market is so low that we couldnā€™t sell them at a price which would fund a rebuild.

If decent players are really going to cost half as much thatā€™s a perfect time to rebuild.

I wonder if thereā€™s room for the PL to sell more domestic game packages to increase broadcast revenue too. There will be hundreds of games next season that wouldnā€™t have been broadcast in the UK.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that Leon Bailey is that impressive tbh

1 Like

But if we can only sell for half as much and our budget is already fucked do we have the space to rebuild on the fly?

ā€œArsenal are eyeingā€

ā€œhe just signed 6 year dealā€

ummm yeahā€¦ no.

1 Like

A year or two ago was world-class potential on FMā€¦ super speedy.

Worth a punt perhaps but havenā€™t followed in a whileā€¦ anyone got intel from Bundes?