Arsenal transfers 24/25

Partey would be amazing for us in midfield…exactly the type of player we need to shield the defence.

1 Like

100% instant upgrade

If we could replicate deals like that across the squad it would go a long way to rebuilding

We all know who needs to be upgraded, those who have the responsibility need to get on and get rid of the dross

Guendouzi would be amazing for Atleti tbf.

First of all Arsenal has already been collecting under 23 players for two seasons. The ‘rebuild’ has been happening. Second Champions League still needs to be an aim you will be needing that money. A couple of more experienced players can help in that process.

3 Likes

£30m and Partey seems fair for Guendouzi

4 Likes

I’m not convinced they want him

I gotcha but if Partey signs a five year deal and he’s in his third year by the time we’re any good…what was the point? He’s obviously an upgrade on our current options in theory but I guess I don’t see him as the midfield Jesus. He plays in a really rigid system in Madrid and I doubt we’ll play that way.

Financially we need to get back into the CL sooner rather than later. If Partey can help us do that in the next 2 years it makes sense. He’s well drilled defensively, can carry the ball and picks his passes with tempo.

1 Like

That would mean he is ‘only’ 29 then? For most players the peak of their powers…not really a bad thing right? He is not that old.

I don’t know him that well. Not sure if he is a addition to Arsenal at all, but they are going to need a couple of more experienced players to compete for top four together with the youth.

1 Like

The really sad thing is that if City have their ban retained, we might see a team with 60-62 points in the EPL get into CL and we won’t be one of them.

3 Likes

I know the rest of the post doesn’t make sense with the other names but you get me.

I am for Partley but still.

Beyond experience or youth resale value or whatever, we seriously need players who can perform on the pitch at the level we need to move up the ladder. If Partey is one of those guys I’m for it.

2 Likes

Partey, 2 months after joining us and realising he’s surrounded by brain-dead footballers:

1 Like

More like Road to Nowhere.

3 Likes

Thinking about it, crazy train fits us pretty well too

2 Likes

Roland the Headless Thompson Gunners?

1 Like

But the CL does happen if all of the signings since 2017 are very good signings. Auba was an excellent signing, the rest weren’t. Is Partey an excellent signing? I’m not sure, I havent watched him enough but he seems to tick some boxes, ie combative, ball carrying midfielder, defensively drilled, strong, athletic with fast direct passes.

BTW I thought you’d found posts of mine from the past, asking the same Q HAHA

1 Like

Parety sounds like he could be just what we need. Even in a youthful rebuild you need experienced players and leadership. We need to get back to the CL to be able to convince more top quality players. We need to establish and then maintain a balance between top class experienced players and talented youth.

3 Likes