Arsenal transfers 23/24

I’m kind of coming around to the idea that we won’t be able to move him. He likes living in London and making a lot of money. Maybe he plays some weeks, maybe be sits on the bench, maybe he goes to the V&A, gets a dank curry for dinner and watches Line of Duty. Either way he wins.

2 Likes

It does rather seem this way… he isn’t the same player we got and he doesn’t fit into our current set up and I also think there is something to the “dying of the pure No. 10,” although I suspect like a lot of tactical things it is a tad cyclical. I do think that you will see more and more managers expecting the kind of work rate from the entire 11 that Pep does.

While our attacking players like Auba and Laca are primarily there for goals and setting up the attack, they are also f*ing hard workers who don’t give up on plays and press from the front… you can have a player or two like Messi who perhaps has virtually zero responsibilities in that regard, but not too many and they have to really contribute a lot in other ways.

Lacazette has eights assists this season and our fullbacks combine for twenty if I’m not mistaken. Emery employs a certain offensive system which doesn’t make the most of Ozil as ‘lead assister’. That doesn’t mean Ozil hasn’t a role to play here.

People make too much of these wages. You get what you can negotiate. Not always what you (should) earn. That’s life though.

6 Likes

Never seen him as well. Checked out his comps on Youtube. That’s a solid amount for an 18 year old nobody has heard of. He looks more like a player in his mid-20s than barely a pro. He has right stature for a CB. Reminds me of Varane.

Having said that, I haven’t seen him in a match to see his full game in general (pros and cons). I think for an 18 year old, he’s worth the risk.

KdB comes to mind. Genius on the ball, but he’s a very hard worker under Pep.

But he is also a ginger so there’s already something inhuman about him. :mustafi:

I don’t think we should buy anyone from Valencia ever again!

2 Likes

Especially not Neto - who’s shit lol

2 Likes

Also:

Dunno. Navas is too good to be backup, and I don’t feel Leno deserves to get back in line as backup for him.

1 Like

We have more pressing needs than GK.
Sigh this club.

2 Likes

We already have a good Neto minder. Next.

3 Likes

He wasn’t that impressive in the Europa League Tie vs us, should have done a lot better for Lacazette’s 2nd goal at the Emirates.

Probably some agent BS to get his client a raise or something, unless it’s a backup GK nobody has heard of, we’re not buying any.

1 Like

Arsènic™@MrArsenicTM

#AFC are in ongoing talks with M. Raiola [Manolas’ agent] over a potential transfer. The player has a €36m release clause and club is really interested in him [via @NicoSchira]

I know some of you want him but I don’t watch Serie A, I’ve read he’s somewhat error prone but top 5 fastest speed recorded in the CL

The stuff I’ve read about Manolas makes him sound like another blundering BASTARD

1 Like

Isn’t there something comforting tho about having a line of solid Greek BASTARDS at the back going into battle for us @Sol

1 Like

He is the slightly loco type CB in the mould of Ramos or Mustafi. Not nearly as good as the former and not nearly as bad as the latter though. You’re right if you worry about how reliable he is… for me it’s a case of “better than we have but not as good as we want”. Or maybe he’ll be different at a new club, you never know.

The only saving grace for Manolas is that Sokratis might set him straight. I doubt it tho. Pass.

Would rather sign this Saliba chap and go with what we have. Cheaper and could possibly be worth a shit tonne more in a few years time.
We’re not going to dramatically stop leaking goals anyway.

2 Likes

Seems like a proper player that lad and already looks way too mature for his age.

Inb4 I see a proper full game of him and have an amok.

I wonder if this plate smashing tradition has been secretly deriven from clumsy defending :grimacing::thinking: