Arsenal transfers 24/25

Homegrown refers to what club you grew up in, Cesc was homegrown for us for example.

Anyways I’m sure he also has English citizenship.

ahh yeah recall a bit from FM days… I think you need a certain number of years under management while at certain age to qualify… his Wikipedia page says he plays for the Nigerian team, but his Nationality is listed as both… interesting. Anyway, I think you’re right that he is HG… I’d need to check on rules around switching teams and HG, but I reckon he still is with Everton.

Yea the homegrown rule is essentially to have spent three years at a club before the age of 21. I think you have to have actually been at the club though so someone like Wellington say would never have qualified.

hmmm so loans don’t count towards? tricky…

It’s probably more nuanced than that. If he’d been on loan to Fulham say I think it would have counted.

1 Like

You mean how to post stats that accurately reflect the output of Pepe?

1 Like

21 appearances 3 goals 3 assists

4 El apps 2 goals 2 assists

25 apps 5 goals 5 assist

You cant just randomly go hes started this many and laugh off sub appearances considering hes scored and assisted mostly on those sub appearances. 2 free kicks against a farmer 1 pity penalty given to him by Auba, cant think what else but I’m pretty sure his assists are from corners.

Iwobi had 5 goals 8 assists last season, not from set pieces and pepe has 500 minutes to catch up, iwobi was also 22 years old and utter trash.

Sorry I just realised how funny your comment was.

It’s like saying when Giroud was a super sub.

Oh giroud has only played 1 game and scored 8 goals.

1 g/a in every 2.5 games isn’t too bad for a winger new to the league in the team that is literally all over the place to be honest

1 Like

Then you’re okay with the position Arsenal are in at the moment if you accept the return of 3 league goals from a 72 million quid winger.

1 Like

It’s a real stretch to reach that conclusion from his post haha

1 Like

Not really, we should be demanding more from our players and signings, how can you accept 3 league goals from our big signing, one being a pity penalty. But complain about us this season? We are lacking goals and we are awful at attacking, pepe is a big part of that. Because he cant pass and he dribbles into dead ends

2 Likes

Unfortunately £72m (or any price tag really) is no guarantee of how good a player will be in a team. It’s an investment and has risk. In this day and age, £72m is just the level of fee you play for a player with promise and potential without a guarantee.

Every player is different as well, some hit the ground running, some take a season to get up to speed. You also have to remember that this is literally the worst Arsenal have been in like 30 years lol

He’s come into a new league that’s much harder than his old league, into a team that’s had 3 different managers in the last 20 months, has totally lost its style and identity and is basically in the wilderness trying to put itself back together.

Hardly the ingredients for success for a new guy coming in haha

I didn’t “laugh off” sub appearances I said I wasn’t sure how many sub appearances he’s had.

Just taking a quick look, 4 of his sub appearances in the PL (and 1 in the EL):

Chelsea - 4 minutes played
Bournemouth - 8 minutes played
Leicester - 13 minutes played
Newcastle - 19 minutes played
Vitoria - 15 minutes played

That accounts for 5 of his appearances but doesn’t even constitute 1 full game (59 minutes in total).

Further to add to your absolute nonsense - he has scored in ONE of his substitute appearance so it’s incredibly disingenuous to say “considering hes scored and assisted mostly on those sub appearances”.

He’s played 1345 minutes in the PL which is the equivalent of a shade under 15 games.

So he has 6 goal contributions in 14 PL starts or a total number of minutes which is equal to just under 15 games.

He has 4 goal contributions in 1 EL start or 161 minutes (the equivalent of 1.8 games).

No stat skewing.

2 Likes

Cute. He scored and assisted 2 goals 1 assist out of his 5 goal haul 2 goals in the free kick vs farmer game 1 assist vs Frankfurt

2 goals out of 5 from Sub appearances, maybe not most but just under half then

Just count appearances, that’s how it should be in this scenario.

21 games 3 goals 3 assist with a pity penalty.

Did you know in 1100 minutes which is like 12 games giroud scored or assisted 15 goals? He did the exact same stats for chelsea in the El.

So that’s like 24 games and like 30 goals, that’s mental, he truly was world class.

I love looking at things like you it’s fun, you can make shitters look amazing. Pepe gets subbed off all the time because hes being shit, thus his minutes go down which is just a win win in this scenario. Keep it up who else can we manipulate shit for to make look amazing.

1 Like

Yes, really. To accuse him of being happy with our season based on what he wrote is a gigantic stretch ffs, especially give the fact that his post acknowledged dges how bad Arsenal gave been this season. He’s evidently not happy with that, as is the case for literally every gooner. Clearly nobody thinks this season is good enough.

Which is why I called it a big stretch, cos you’re performing contortions to reach an outlandish conclusion about Cristo’s opinion of this season.

1 Like

I said okay not happy, and if you’re okay with our most expensive signing getting 3 goals this season then you cant expect anything from the club

Auba 14

Saka 0. Pepe 3

Cristo is okay with the record signing getting 3 goals. Then as a squad where are the other goals coming from.

My point is we spent that much money because we NEED returns as soon as possible.

We should expect and demand more from our players not excuse them at ever opportunity, especially when they cant pass.

No idea why that’s happened but I cant get rid of it. Meant to show our 3 forwards in a 4 3 3 ( assuming laca is benched when we get a proper left back )

1 Like

Weird how people here are not onto this.

Don’t get this transfer to be fair. Love Cedric to bits too.

1 Like

If its true (not sure on that), the most interesting thing about that transfer to me is that it suggests that Arteta believes AMN can be a useful player as a central midfielder.

1 Like

It’s because Arteta is a smart man and knows that AMN is shit.

What bothers is that he’s better than AMN and Hector at right back. :joy:
This reminds a lot of the Debuchy-Hector conundrum. Debuchy was better but Hector was younger so he got the minutes instead. Hector did have some periods where he was on form but even his form dropped he still played.
I fear this will be the case here as well.
To be honest, if it’s a cheap deal fuck it, go for it. But let’s not stack up with players for the sake of it.

1 Like