Arsenal transfers 23/24

“Arsenal have opened discussions with Kurzawa who is free in June.”

Top four is decided by such small margins these days that you can’t afford missing three starting players for a month. In my mind I was already preparing for an Auba exit and with this news I don’t mind it at all if he left tbh. Even though he is so great.

One of my fav LBs the past years. Fantastic move if true.

His career feels like it’s stalled. He was a real hot shit prospect when PSG signed him.

1 Like

I’d assume he is projected as back up. Or at least Tierney and Kurzawa will have to compete for the #1 spot. In that sense I wouldn’t mind this transfer even if he hasn’t fullfilled his promise.

Does everything have to be a gamble or could come good type signing rumours. FFS it’s pointless and just spells cheap.

2 Likes

He’s also Luiz’s agent iirc

1 Like

Agreed but that’s what happens when you hype left-backs or full-backs in general. Case in point, Man Utd and AWB.

In the summer we need to make a couple of big statement signings, but the order of priority needs to be:

1. CB - A strong, uncompromising centre back, who can play out from the back and is comfortable on the ball - Upamecano remains my first choice
2. CM / DM - A strong central/defensive midfielder to play alongside Torreira and as a replacement for Xhaka in our 4-2-3-1 formation…ideas anyone?
3. RB - We need a good alternative option to Bellerín at right back. Neither Maitland-Niles and Chambers are a natural fit and we cannot continue with make shift options.

After these three areas are addressed I would be more than happy to strengthen our attacking options…Maddison would be silly money. Personally I would prefer (if we were prepared to spend silly money) Kai Havertz or Hakim Ziyech (as a cheaper option).

2 Likes

Are we ever going to get a midfielder who actually ever scores a goal.
There’s no goals outside of Auba in us. We have a minus goal difference. That’s ridiculous if you consider us a big club.

4 Likes

I do find it odd that the cb they recommend is the non existent cb we faced when our youth side smashed them 3-0.

Tifo’s content has really gone down hill recently and I’m really not sure why.

We need a quick thinking ball playing midfielder who can also carry the ball forward. Not sure why you would want a destroyer and lucas at the base of the midfield.

I hope this means they are looking to shift Lacazette in the summer, as numbers wise we are pretty set at CF.

3 Likes

Auba, Martinelli and Mertens is nice.

Mertens is exactly the type of player we crave. Shame he’s old.

1 Like

Yeah I think a 30 year old Mertens would have been a superb addition but a 33 year old? For a year maybe.

1 Like

You mean, like…

7 Likes

Every time I see that Juve shirt :face_vomiting:

7 Likes

I was a big fan of Kurzawa years ago. Unfortunately I have more than a reason to be against his signing because looks not anymore the same player. Arsenal must invest money on youngsters like Martinelli or Guendouzi and not on “finished” players.

We should be all over Sangare right now. His current situation and contact favours the buyer

1 Like

i feel that Dominik Szoboszlai could be a very good player for us but dunno how much he would cost