Arsenal transfers 23/24

After watching the game between Man City v Liverpool not convinced who we have in the team apart from Auba who can stand the high tempo pace that’s gonna hit us when the season starts.
The day of slow passes put from the back is dead. Not looking forward to the first games tbh who ever we play unless that important lesson has been learnt.

Yeah, so how did his Coutinho is legit claim work out?

As for Solanke to Bournemouth, that had been floating around for weeks by that time.

And how the hell would being the son of Bould’s buddy give him any inside information on Liverpool and Bournemouth?

Good grief.

2 Likes

Mendes was reportedly key to brokering the Pepe deal for us so maybe he is involved in this one too.

How things have changed at the Emirates.

3 Likes

This appears to claim that we bid 60m euro for a Bundesliga defender, no idea who, but it was rejected.

Upamecano.

1 Like

YES I’d love him here.

Rejected 60m though? Sounds like bullshit.

2 Likes

We should Up our bid imo

3 Likes

TERRIBLE

4 Likes

Could be, or could be that we went in too late.

Fair play lol M8.

It does seem when he gets cocky, he ends up with egg on face.

As I said, the guys a cunt. But still, when there’s smoke that he’s reporting on, there usually is fire.

So I’ll personally still lend more credence to his statements than say, John Cross.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, barely seen Konate and Upamecano enough to have a solid opinion.

We are happy to rub shoulders with the scummiest shitbags in world football. To get big deals done, you need to grease the palms of the cunt agents. Having a principled approach doesn’t get you anywhere. I dread to think how much we paid off Pépé’s agents, but fuck if I care in the end.

8 Likes

If we do manage to get Upamecano we could have a decent CB pairing and best of all he is only 20 also so him and saliba could be with us for a long time. I think they are wanting mega bucks for him though reports are that £55m has been declined.

Have to admit that i dont know too much about this guy but ever since he has been mentioned have been watching clips and looks a decent player…does anyone know how good he is considering you can make mustafi look decent in youtube clips. I presume he is a major talent also if £50m+ has been declined for him.

Exactly. Who the fuck cares how much the agents get lol - it’s not our money. I don’t get why people want to act so moral and principle when it comes to a game as dirty as football. The entire sport is riddled with money laundering, tax evasion, corruption and fans want to take he moral high ground in a sport like this?

11 Likes

In a way it used to piss me off as regards not paying agents etc. Sure they are scum suckers and vastly up the price of negotiating etc. But when you have wenger on nearly £10m a year holding the moral high ground saying he doesnt like the agents in the game etc when he is making 100s of millions from the club he sure as fuck didnt mind taking all of that from arsenal but then says ‘i treat arsenals money as if it is my own’ that is not your fucking job your job is to do your best for your employers…its a joke and hypocritical to pick up 100s of millions in pay from a club but then refuse to pay someone else a wage because you disagree with it.

2 Likes

if true, why wait till now to offer major money at this stage?

Probably ther ehas been movement in the merry go round and thye are hoping they can unsettle them in this later stage, seems strange though shouldda been done a lot earlier. Or maybe it is that we have gotten soem deals sorted for outgoings or have gotten enough money from previous outgoings that we feel confident in bidding now.

My guess is that either its not true or its something we’ve quietly been working on for a while.

Read whole thread imo