Arsenal transfers 24/25

Zinchenko and Tierney on the left, White and Timber on the right, consider Timber can play on the left as well, and Partey can cover RB in urgent.

If moving Tomi and Balogun allows us to get a premier midfielder, go get it. We have enough defense so far.

Inter are broke. Just sell Tomi and Balogun elsewhere and chuck 45m at Barella.

I like him but his value isnā€™t equal to two of our players.

1 Like

forgot which team offered 65m in January (or earlier this summer) and got rejected.

Value of both Tomi and Balogun are just about right, I think

That all looks good on paper but I have concerns over Zinchenkoā€™s fitness. It means we probably default to starting Timber at leftback over Tierney and then canā€™t really rotate White out of the side.

Tomiyasu offers flexibility and doesnā€™t really change the way we play to the same degree Tierney does.

I guess maybe weā€™d still have Kiwior to play leftback as well.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I just totally forgot Kiwior, thought he was just a CB.
Yes, Arteta tested him as LB during US tour.

That could be it.

Tomi came here for around 20m and has been brilliant. 30m value at least. Balogun should be fetching 40.

We donā€™t need to be doing Inter any favours.

Plus they need money. Barella probably goes for a cut price.

We arenā€™t buying him anyway.

If they really want players
They can have Jorginho and Tierney.

1 Like

sometimes it is not about who is doing a favor for whom, it is about what we need and what we want.

of course, it is just a rumor at this point; but if Arteta thinks Barella fits to our system and wants him, why not?
Didnā€™t we do a favor to Chelsea for Kai, and do a favor to WH for Rice? We hugely overpaid them.

If we are talking about 80m value for Barella, we simply should be back out.
but if we are talking about 5m differenceā€¦ like I said, why not?

2 Likes

Inter donā€™t need to sell Barella to balance the books. Itā€™s a massive transfer for whoever wants him.

Winning the Coppa Italia and reaching the CL finals as well as selling Onana not far off ā‚¬50m is more than enough for them to get through.

I thought the link was funny at the very least

loan options, not bad, but we are pretty stacked up front already.

Would you take him for a nominal fee (whatever youā€™d qualify as ā€œnominalā€)? Idk that he fits our style much.

After his last season I donā€™t know what Vardy offers to us. Heā€™s done. Had a good run.

1 Like

Well even if itā€™s a sketchy source I guess itā€™s good that the club arenā€™t just counting on that knee to hold up.

Itā€™s harsh but another campaign where he misses major time means we need to look elsewhere.

Elite hold up play, amazing facilitation and incredible individual skills

Why else would he be linked with us

Vardy can do oneā€¦weā€™re not going to rescue hos career after he snubbed us back in the day. Deserves to be back in the Championship!

3 Likes

I wonā€™t pay anything for him, may consider just salary.
Still, he is a true #9 and I wonā€™t say he is completely useless.

Why? Indykaila is where I get my daily dose of news

2 Likes

Vardy is fucking finished, wouldnā€™t take him for free.

Iā€™d rather Nketiah than Vardy in 2023.

7 Likes

We were linked with Benjamin Henrichs(Leipzig) and Ben Johnson(West Ham) after the signings of Rice, Havertz and Timber.

Be interesting to see if those names pop up again. Henrichs specifically is a very versatile player. Iā€™m not too familiar with him to be honest with you but he seems to have been regarded as a wonderkid previously. Heā€™s 26 now.