Arsenal transfers 23/24

We really have not got a real aggressive plan of action that we needed. we have a list of names that were sounding out.
Nothing near whats needed. Nothing really exciting and the rest of the squad are not going to feel pressured and so the general malaise of modern day Arsenal will continue to trundle along. Biting us on the arse more and more each season. Guess we have to wait till it gets really bad before the penny drops.

7 Likes

@Cristo

what is your opinion for Robert Skov? 29 goals from the wing last season is pretty impressive albeit in the Danish league.

1 Like

My dad and some friends have spoken really highly of him but I don’t follow Danish football or the Danish media really so I can’t commebt.

From what I understand he is quite highly rated.

1 Like

He’s valued at around €13m. Seems like a risk worth taking at that price.

1 Like

Gotta find €13m first though haha

1 Like

It’s €2.6m per year in 5 year installments. If we sell Elneny we can fund the first installment.

9 Likes

So, to recap:

Arsenal’s defense shipped 51 goals last season. The club’s answer to address this is with a player that has to be loaned back (Saliba). The Indian Dick Law has been unable to close the deal and now, the Sp*rs might get the player instead at the last minute.

The other answer for the defense is Tierney, a player coming off of a double hernia, that hasn’t been running and is very likely a few months away from being able to play. All of this assumes that the club can convince a scottish club with more money than they’ve ever seen for a transfer to take the money, which of course, they’ve been unable to do.

So, what is plan c to fix the leaky defense?

On the winger issue, the club has offered about half of what CP want for Zaha and CP seems unmoved by the club offering some items from its own scratch and dent sale by trying to offload Elney, Chambers, Mustafi, et. al.

So, no real plan, and seemingly the inability to get anything done to help the squad for next season? Feels like every transfer summer.

This club sometimes…:rage:

6 Likes

LOL.

Just leave it until next season and do it all again.

2 Likes

This summer’s strategy is being dictated by Sanllehi/Emery

I thought the Indian guy (name escapes me) is the contract negotiator similar to what Dick Law did. I was being funny/sarcastic/smart ass because nothing is getting done, certainly not in a timely fashion.

I can’t imagine that Emery is content with the transfer business–his job is on the line this season. I imagine that if the team fails to get back into the CL, a new manager will be brought in, barring some incredibly unforseen circumstances.

4 Likes

Gazidis role was split into two. I understand that Vinai primary responsibility is management of the corporate structure and commercial deals whereas the sporting element and relating matters/strategy is dealt with by Sanllehi as head of football.

Huss Fahmy would be the like for like replacement of Dick Law.

Based on what i’ve seen so far Emery looks to favour continuity within the sqaud rather than massive change. He doesn’t possess the personality to gut the squad and rebuild imo, he had a say in the extensions last summer no doubt

hmmm…

8:14 in video below

futurama-fry-and-bender-not-sure-if_o_1902147

2 Likes

If he doesnt make any noise about our transfer policy here, id say its fair game to call him complicit with it.
Still hounded by that interview after the Europa more and more.

4 Likes

It might go the other way, if we get a top four place and have a decent season, then Emery might leave because of the lack of investment.

I agree.
When he was interviewed for the job I would think that one of the main conditions of him getting it, was that he didn’t kick up a fuss like Mourinho would, and keep his mouth shut like Wenger did.

4 Likes

I doubt that. If Arsenal makes the CL, I think that Emery gets a contract extension.

I think that the club is looking at last season and saying that they were 1 point off of 4th (and VAR would have made a difference here :rage::rage:) and will have a chance to get back there with minimal to no investment. The problem with that line of thinking is that it assumes that the rivals will stand still as well and/or the same variables that played out over last season are largely still at play.

I really am at a loss to explain/understand how Arsenal have not brought in at least one competent defender thus far. Surely, Emery cannot be looking at Mustafi, Sok, Mav and AWN and thinking that that will be fine until Holding/Bellerin come back sometime in October/November. Besides that backline being a shitshow of mistakes, what happens when one of them gets injured?

2 Likes

People are forgetting the “new-manager-effect”. This season we won’t have that, that brought us at least 10 points last season.

We lost our first two games. I don’t think we got any new manager bounce whatsoever.

2 Likes
1 Like

Good.

2 Likes