Arsenal transfers 23/24

you don’t seem to like kids Jakey, I remember you moaning about sharons (I think that was her name) kids from your work as well :slight_smile:

It’s kinda near Basingstoke, so not like we’re in deep countryside, but this pub is nicely secluded and rural.

@LukeTheGooner I actually get on well with kids and appreciate them more than most people my age that I know. I almost became a primary school teacher a couple years back before wisely deciding that I was better suited to the regular office-based nine to five.

I just say things for comic effect :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m speculating but I think the club media strategy has changed since the new regime took over. I feel it’s alot more perceptive and in tune with the mood of the support and seeks to shape the narrative more aggressively.

It’s hard for Ornstein to be outright “wrong” because he clearly has access to genuine information directly from the club but before he was never in situations where his word could be incorrect because he was largely a confirmer of deals already subject to official announcement now his approach feels more sporadic.

For L’Équipe to confirm the prior bid story after Ornstein denied is significant. Basically, I think the club is trying to save face in case the deals don’t come off which is fair enough.

3 Likes

Another one for the make of it what you will file.

I’d throw the word wildly in there but fair enough. :slight_smile:

How disappointing it would be if the one thing they were actually competent in was fucking around with the fans as you’re suggesting. :smile:

1 Like

Until Nico Pepe has the Kike Marin stamp of approval, this ain’t it y’all.

1 Like

Ornstein already swatted it down hours ago.

As did Kike, by the way.

Wild indeed, agent games and silly season in full swing i’m off to bed lol

3 Likes

Was just coming to post that from Osman. Now this is one that would actually get me a bit excited if it came to pass.

A bit more info:

L’Équipe and TF1 are reliable. We have bid for Pepe.
I feel some people just got accustomed to Arsenal being a bum club but that’s far from the truth. We absolutely have more than 45m to spend and we absolutely have a strong brand value regardless.

Arsenal are scared that if the deal goes west and they go back for Zaha then Palace will ask for a madness given the Pepe bid.
Seems like we’re trying to get Tierney over the line so can go all in on a winger.

The reporter from Globoesporte says Everton would cost 35 million euros plus about 10 million in extras.

I hope the rumour is true…Pepe would be awesome for us. Just have a feeling this is just a rumour…don’t understand why Ornstein dismissed it so quickly if there was any substance to it…he was pretty quick to confirm Tierney and Zaha…

The Pepe report is nonsense. I dismissed it as soon as I saw it. Could be something to this Everton thing though – and I’d much rather have him than Pepe.

1 Like

so should every club in the world who are looking for a winger do by now lol, he had a cracking copa. but then again so did Coutinho :thinking: we should get him and Fekir though, that would add some spice to this old stew we’re brewing over here at Arsenal.

Fucking sign the player but also don’t fucking lose at game of signing players vs Tottenham Bastard FC. Premiership reversal of the king

5 Likes

Ornstein’s sources are in Britain, not France. Arsenal are feeding info to Orny which is why he is usually correct and the guy who gives a stamp before we sign a player. It’s pretty evident though that Arsenal use him to control the narrative too. He’s been banging about our 45m budget when it’s clear as day that’s not the case. Ornstein coming in to quickly to snub this leak comes from Arsenal trying to control the rumour spreading as it blows their 45m budget narrative.

1 Like

Could be true! I hope it is!

And you know this how? Quite a few Arsenal sources have said it’s nonsense, including Kike, and Pepe’s own agent basically knocked it down.

I seriously doubt Arsenal would pay £80 million for anybody at this point.