Arsenal transfers 24/25

Ok good some positive news finally! Get this done Arsenal…and say all the right things to Saliba…want both of these deals done asap…

Out of interest if we do sign Tierney, who would you guys sell - Monreal or Kolašinac?

Monreal is a better defender / Kolašinac is a better attcking full back…

Monreal has very little value / Kolašinac would comand a decent transfer fee…

1 Like

He kinda is because he cost nothing, I don’t know how long is left on his contact but I’d like to see us use him as backup for at least another season then sell him on for a reasonable fee. Economically he’s not too bad for business, compared to say Lich or Monreal who are just lost wages with no resale.

He was immence at home some times this season like that win over United. I think people are way too hard on him.

I’ve had too many bevs tonight to know what’s logical, but I really don’t think of it that way. The wages he’s on currently, and the portion of the overall bill he’s taking up, are what concerns me. Whether he was free or cost us 8m doesn’t really matter all that much to me, the fact he’s swallowing up a healthy wage packet does.

But I see what you mean, and perhaps we are too harsh. But really what I want from a left back primarily is someone who knows how to defend and can play in a back four. I don’t think he can really do either well enough. So throw in his high wages on top of that and I totally think we could/should go in a different, better direction.

I think Kola has a solid market value for us to move him on. Being half decent defensively as LB isn’t a requirement for every league tbf. Plus, a good coach can

Kolasinac at home v bottom half teams and in the cups, Tierney the rest of the time.
If we sell Kolasinac all that will happen is Monreal will leave next season and we’ll have to buy another player, which will hinder us buying in the positions we really need.

Haha, nah I know what you mean the money hes on now would reflect poorly if he was in the bench most weeks. I just know how Emery operates and how injuries hit us. There’s a good chance we could see Kola and Tierny play quite a lot together.

I don’t want that, I want to go back to a back 4 but I also want players on the bench who can actually fill in and earn their wages.

Last season we were employing 3 RBs, Jenks Lich AMN. Two of which were so poor that even though they were fit we had to rely on a young CM who looks like he’s never defended a day in his line. That to me is s way bigger waste of money than Kola.

Have you hit the town hard tonight JakeyBoy?

Arsenal vs Southhampton last season is the perfect example of why Kolasinac cannot be trusted in a 4. He was ripped to shreds by Valery and our left flank was constantly exposed throughout the match.

You can’t have your back up LB on £100k p/w, FB is one of the cheapest positions on the pitch particularly for youth/developmental players

We actually need to start thinking about the LB spot regardless tbh, after 19/20 season Kolasinac will have 2 years left on his deal. I don’t think his performance levels will improve to the point where he’s earned an extension on a £100k deal.

He needs to be shopped this summer or next

1 Like

Ornstein has already said this is bull!

Ornstein is a tool for the club, don’t believe the spin

Why do they keep on going on about installments doesnt every fucking club pay in installments 95% of the time?

3 Likes

Danny Welbeck aside I can’t think of another instance where he was just completely wrong about something he reported to do with Arsenal.

The only thing a bit different here was how quick he was in reporting the denial.

1 Like

Pepe was one of the top players on my wishlist for this summer. Would love this to happen, but so unlikely that we are going to bid £80m for one player!

we will pay £20 upfront, throw in a couple of mars bars, you can have either Mustafi or Xhaka and then we will pay the rest when we finally get back in the champions league, do we have a deal?

1 Like

Instalment FC is on the case :joy:

1 Like

Not at all, weekend away with the gf as she’s about to be god parent to some little shit I’ve never met. It’s not like I’ve ever even met the parents either, but I’m on plus one duties. Staying at a nice countryside pub/b’n’b, so it’d be rude not to have been drinking since about 7.

But slow and steady wins the race, I’m not particularly pissed. But probably not in the optimal frame of mind for a debate haha

10 Likes

:arteta: :arteta:

This is the best thing I’ve read on this forum for the past week

1 Like

Sounds good! b’n’b in the countryside sounds good…anywhere nice?

And defo agree, it would be rude not to try out the local beer!

So now we have Twitter ITKs ITKing what another ITK is going to tweet about a made up rumour.

I’m starting to understand why this website is still free.

6 Likes